My name is Rich, and I have a problem

mdnitedrftr

LVC Member
Reaction score
I cant stop buying parts for my cars!

Ive put somewhere in the range of 7k into my Mustang (including car)

And a little over 2k into my Mark.

I swore to myself that Id stop, but the parts are just screaming my name! And on my way is a nitrous kit for my Mark, along with a fuel pressure regulator and pump. :x

Im seeing the same signs! As much as I say no. Some how they find there way to my door stop. Please people, stop sending them!

:Beer

It' sthe mod bug. There is no cure. I got mine into remission after I got married and had kids but I was never cured. I know this cause lately I'm felt the urge to spend on the car again....its the mod bug, you just have to learn to live with it and control it as best you can.

I will say that a wife and kids can certainly slow the problem down, in some it even cures it. If you have a wife and kids and still have it (like me) then you are just doomed for life. :eek:

Casper said:
I will say that a wife and kids can certainly slow the problem down, in some it even cures it. If you have a wife and kids and still have it (like me) then you are just doomed for life. :eek:

Ohh, no. I might not be the same after the year ends. Please say it aint so! ! !

Well -- If it helps any, I am preparing a new benefit for our members, which you are one. I am working to put together a "Recommended Vendor" section here on Lincoln vs Cadillac. The purpose is to give our members a list of Lincoln and Cadillac Parts vendors who are reputable and who will grant a discount to our members.

So, perhaps you will be able to get your parts a little bit less expensively soon.

Just another reason to be a member of LincolnvsCadillac.com....

:steering

Hi Rich
Sensible modding doesn't cost any less , so you might as well go for it..Having said that you must always convince the wife first ,or you might be sleeping with your mods !!!! She needs to know that these parts are absolutely necessary for the proper operation of the car...Nitrous falls into that category , without nitrous the car doesn't run well .... If told properly ,she will understand the massive expenditure , for necessary parts ,needed for hotrodding....... Wont She ?????

All my wife knows is the more mods I get, the bigger my schwing gets, so she's all for them. LOL.

I can't really spend alot on "mods" being that I don't drive a performace car. But I do spend alot on upkeep of my cars. My '91 has had about everything under the sun replaced on it and I have WAY more money invested in it than it will ever be worth. I've put almost enough money in it to buy my '94 signature dream car. But I love my Lincolns and they must be in tip top shape if I'm gonna drive them.

I care alot about my cars. The only reason I was didn't sell my '89 last year was because I don't trust someone to take care of it like I have so I was asking way too much for it. I figure if someone pays alot for an older car they will take care of it.

:L

MonsterMark said:
All my wife knows is the more mods I get, the bigger my schwing gets, so she's all for them. LOL.

LMAO !

Bryan, you better find a way to get to this next meet in Chicago. I know that Hooter meet late June is coming up. We need to discuss some business in photography about these models... :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back