my ls is broke

lessthan

LVC Member
Reaction score
so i was driving the other week and i was trying to get my car back to the dealership to have them look at the same damn problems that i brought it in for. Then out of nowhere my ball joint shears leaving my car not drivable. so now its in the shop and its gonna cost me 1100 to repair the whole knuckle :mad:

Thats a Hell of a deal!!! :p :p :shifty: :shifty:

... bring it to Bakersfield and Ill do it for $1050.00 :)

... just messsin

Recall on lower ball joints

Not sure what year you have, but there is a recall on the LS for lower ball joints. Be sure and check it out before repair.

I have a 2000 LS should i be looking in to this recall..... is there a way to check and see if the recall has been done

I have a 2000 LS should i be looking in to this recall..... is there a way to check and see if the recall has been done
Go to Ford's warranty site:
http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineservice/en/default?page=Home
Click on RECALLS, then enter your VIN. It'll tell you if there are any outstanding recalls on your car.

You can also call Lincoln Customer Service or your local Ford/Lincoln dealership, and they can look it up in OASIS. Lincoln Customer Service (see the Owner's Guide in the TECH ARTICLES section at the top of the forum to find the number) will do it for free, and so should your local dealership.

why would you get any type of non-warranty repair done at a dealership? .. i had to replace my knuckle too... Buy the knuckle from Team ford (see the banner on the right) and just go to a local mechanic, i got mine installed for about $75 or something, i dont remember, and the knuckle was like $200 .. so total of $275 installed

I had to do both my knuckles. Easy saturday job. Cost me about $500 in parts from Max for both sides.

Members online

No members online now.
Back