My LS did me proud!

trifelife

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had to take a 465 mile trip from Dallas, TX to Hammond, LA on Thursday and immediately return on Friday. All told, over 1100 miles in basically a day and a half.

Never took a trip that long in the LS, it handled it very well! I was very comfortable.

I had a check engine light on last week. My mechanic had informed me that it was related to the catalytic converter. I had him reset it and I drove about 55 miles and then had it inspected. Passed and got my sticker, then about a day later the light was back on.

About halfway through my trip to Louisiana, I started the car after getting gas and noticed the light was out. I turned the car off and turned the key on to make sure the build hadn't just died. Nope. Still a good bulb. Started up again, still no heck engine light. Guess my LS just needed to stretch it's legs, the check engine light never returned.

Check out how much I was gouged for gas at an out of the way station along Interstate 49.

gas.jpg

rolling.jpg

Gouged for gas at $4.29, haha wow.

Cant even get regular unleaded here for that

Glad to hear the car did well

Yeah, I guess that must sound crazy based on where you are lol. But In Louisiana Premium was ranging from $3.95 to $4.09 and then here these people were with that amount.

If it's the Cat Below Threshold, then that can be kinda normal. I've had that come and go depending on driving habit, climate, gas, etc, if either the O2 sensor or the cat is marginal.
Probably should ensure the cat isn't clogged. If so, then it can damage the engine. If the upstream O2 is marginal, then it won't get the right A/F mixture.
If it's just the cat going bad or the downstream O2, then it's just polluting a little extra and throwing the error.

Members online

No members online now.
Back