My Lincoln is on borrowed time...

Dutch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a new car to replace my LS - a Dodge Charger R/T. I should get it in about 8 weeks. I am very excited - 390 lb/ft of torque is most definately a good thing.

no doubt. I never got over to the dodge dealer to se if I could be persuaded to defect from the LS. What color did you order?

I'd rather have a GTO. When the hell did the Charger become a sedan...Oh wait, it's just a 300 without the bling.

But then again that's just my opinion...and you know what they are like...

FreeFaller said:
I'd rather have a GTO. When the hell did the Charger become a sedan...Oh wait, it's just a 300 without the bling.

But then again that's just my opinion...and you know what they are like...

I'd didn't test the GTO during my recent buying spree, well I drove one at GMs rolling auto show at disney, but you are right I'd have that over the charger based off of appearance.

I ran one of the new hemi Mopars in my Cobra the other day. My car is still stock. The hemi ran good...but not near good enough. But I think you'll find it a very nice overall car. I know for a fact the body, fit and finish is better than my Cobra. But then again, my car is a 25 year old chassis design...so it's showing it's age. Now, when I get my new Shelby next year, that's a different story!!! WOO HOO!!!

Yeah the Charger would probably keep about even with a '99-'04 GT, but not a Cobra.

The GTO is a nice car too, but I don't really care for GM products. I also prefer the greater size and hence practicality of the Charger.

eL eS, I ordered inferno red, which is the color you often see it marketed in.

hockey930 said:
are you getting rid of the ls, if so is there any performance goodies on it?
Eamonn
I am getting rid of the LS. There are no performance goodies on it, it's bone stock. You interested? I see you're in New Jersey, so would it help if I told you it has no rust? :)

The Charger looks like an overweight 2005 Mustang to me. Good luck on your purchase. And whats this about a Shelby next year?

Dutch said:
Yeah the Charger would probably keep about even with a '99-'04 GT, but not a Cobra.

The GTO is a nice car too, but I don't really care for GM products. I also prefer the greater size and hence practicality of the Charger.

eL eS, I ordered inferno red, which is the color you often see it marketed in.

Yeah they look nice in red or black. I have only seen silver ones on the road and it does not compliment the car at all.

I think the Charger will be a good overall car for you. I have been meaning to drive the RT a couple of miles down the road from me. It is a cool mineral gray like color. $32k on the sticker. It's in the running for my LS replacement....whenever that might be.

Also...I don't think the GTO is in the same class. Plus...I always thought the GTO was butt-ugly. At least Dodge comes out with cars that look different. I think I still like the Magnum best.

lsbit said:
I think the Charger will be a good overall car for you. I have been meaning to drive the RT a couple of miles down the road from me. It is a cool mineral gray like color. $32k on the sticker. It's in the running for my LS replacement....whenever that might be.

Also...I don't think the GTO is in the same class. Plus...I always thought the GTO was butt-ugly. At least Dodge comes out with cars that look different. I think I still like the Magnum best.

But the 05 mustang GT is quicker then the charger R/T and the charger is a wannabe of the mustang. Moter trend said it looks like the 300C had it's way with the mustang and you now have a charger.

pdzcallday said:
But the 05 mustang GT is quicker then the charger R/T and the charger is a wannabe of the mustang. Moter trend said it looks like the 300C had it's way with the mustang and you now have a charger.

I'll be shocked if the Charger drives anything like the Mustang. And it looks nothing like one. If I was single, I would be getting a Mustang. With a wife and kid, the Magnum or Charger is a little more practical. If your getting a Charger, it is not because you are looking for the fastest car. I think it is a compromise between many things.

Dartastic said:
The Charger looks like an overweight 2005 Mustang to me. Good luck on your purchase. And whats this about a Shelby next year?

In late 2006, Ford SVT will deliver the new Shelby GT500 Cobra. Hang on to your ass. It's going to take the world by storm just like the 03/04 Terminator Cobras did. It's a 5.4 litre 32v supercharged V8 with "well in excess of 450 hp". :gr_hail: It will have the T56 six speed and a live axle instead of an IRS. Their new 3 link is that good. Pricing hasn't been announced, but SVT says the coupe should come in under $40,000 with a vert slightly more. Final hp numbers aren't advertised yet either. We hear they are waiting to see how the new Z06 (427 ci n/a 500+ hp) and the new SRT Charger shakes out. They aren't going to pretend to compete with the $70,000 Z06, but I think they want their hp figures close. The new Charger is supposed to be 425 hp...so they should have that covered no problem.

Ford says they will build all they can sell...so after the initial introduction, price gouging shouldn't be a problem.

I have my name on the list for a new vert!! :dancefool :dancefool

2001LS8Sport said:
In late 2006, Ford SVT will deliver the new Shelby GT500 Cobra. Hang on to your ass. It's going to take the world by storm just like the 03/04 Terminator Cobras did. It's a 5.4 litre 32v supercharged V8 with "well in excess of 450 hp". :gr_hail: It will have the T56 six speed and a live axle instead of an IRS. Their new 3 link is that good. Pricing hasn't been announced, but SVT says the coupe should come in under $40,000 with a vert slightly more. Final hp numbers aren't advertised yet either. We hear they are waiting to see how the new Z06 (427 ci n/a 500+ hp) and the new SRT Charger shakes out. They aren't going to pretend to compete with the $70,000 Z06, but I think they want their hp figures close. The new Charger is supposed to be 425 hp...so they should have that covered no problem.

Ford says they will build all they can sell...so after the initial introduction, price gouging shouldn't be a problem.

I READ THAT IT IS ABOUT 500 HP TO THE WHEELS :steering

I have had the GT500 as my desktop background for months now. I love the looks. My cousin works at the plant and has been telling me to forget the GT and to wait for this one. If he could get me a $10,000 discount, I might be able to swing it! :D

2001LS8Sport said:

Yeah I read up on the car as soon as I saw the post. I doubt they will push 500 hp. All I read says 450. NO one with the Ford GT wants competition from any kind of Mustang. Refinancing the house soon. Might have to put some aside for the Shelby!!:)

Ya this is little off the subject but do any of yall got friends who thinks they know everything? B/C one of mine told me the first year of GTO 03? Anyways said they were slow as hell b/c of the exhaust system.

(SORRY thread STEAL)

Dartastic said:
Yeah I read up on the car as soon as I saw the post. I doubt they will push 500 hp. All I read says 450. NO one with the Ford GT wants competition from any kind of Mustang. Refinancing the house soon. Might have to put some aside for the Shelby!!:)
It's being quoted at and is expected to be advertized at 450hp, but the new head of SVT said it'll be much closer to 500hp. Go search at http://www.autoweek.com/ ; he's quoted in a few articles on the car from a few months back.

Given the flap over the overrating of the Cobra' output a few years ago, I would expect Ford to understate its cars' hp ratings, at least in the near future.

SoonerLS said:
It's being quoted at and is expected to be advertized at 450hp, but the new head of SVT said it'll be much closer to 500hp. Go search at http://www.autoweek.com/ ; he's quoted in a few articles on the car from a few months back.

Given the flap over the overrating of the Cobra' output a few years ago, I would expect Ford to understate its cars' hp ratings, at least in the near future.

I really feel they underrated my 1985 Mustang and my 88 and 89's. 1985 was rated at 210 and 88 and 89 were rated at 225. Anyone have a stock GT within these years dynoed?

Members online

No members online now.
Back