My Horn Doenst Work

lsboosted

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
jus hoping there is a simple solution but knowing the LS highly doubt it. so my i press the horn on the steering wheel no noise i hit the alarm and no noise but the lights flash. any ideas ? dead horn? fuse? bad luck?

Look into the FEM. For mine, it wasn't grounded properly (damaged wiring behind passenger wheel well) and cost a little $$$ to fix (mainly diagnostic time). Works just fine now :)

clockspring

if you're having problems with your cruise control and radio also, it is your clockspring. otherwise check fuses.

no im not having radio issues jus horn and air bag light. how hard of a dIy job is the clockspring

if you're having problems with your cruise control and radio also, it is your clockspring. otherwise check fuses.
That would only affect the horn control, yes? So it should still sound when the car is locked.
No joy on mine after replacing the clockspring (did fix the cruise and radio controls), had to fix the FEM and unfortunately, at the dealership.

does anyone know the actual locationof the horn on my model? 2002 V6 because i checked fuse and relay , fuse was blown which i replaced and relay is ok but still no joy on the horn

I had the same problem...cost me a cool $400 bucks @ the dealership about 6weeks ago.... :(

It was a bad exciter ring? I think I spelled it right and supposedly only the dealership has the tool to remove/replace it. It didn't matter at that point because I had to get my car inspected the next day...I held out as long as I could but no one could remove it..

I had the same problem...cost me a cool $400 bucks @ the dealership about 6weeks ago.... :(

It was a bad exciter ring? I think I spelled it right and supposedly only the dealership has the tool to remove/replace it. It didn't matter at that point because I had to get my car inspected the next day...I held out as long as I could but no one could remove it..

That's part of the horn switch in the steering wheel. I don't think that would be the OP's problem since the horn doesn't work with the alarm either.

does anyone know the actual locationof the horn on my model? 2002 V6 because i checked fuse and relay , fuse was blown which i replaced and relay is ok but still no joy on the horn

Should be a pair of horns behind the bumper and in front of the radiator. If the fuse was blown, it's a good bet that the horns have failed. You will have to remove that big plastic piece under the car, in front of the engine to get to them.

ha ha true but inspec. time is near 10 days actually and i need that fixed

Members online

Back