My headlights just flashed for no reason... again.

Torx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
if anyone has had their ls do this please speak up, this is just odd.

i went to the window just to glance out at the LS, because.. well.. you know you do it too :p

and i noticed my headlights just flashed once. For no reason at all. i didnt unlock the car, nor was the keyfob anywhere near my hand.

This isnt the first time.. theres been two past times where ive glanced out the window and noticed my headlights flash once. Really odd, so now im wondering how often its doing this... i really dont feel like sitting at the windows for hours thinking its a timed pattern when its just random.

Is my car winking at me, or is there something wrong with my electrical system??

Maybe somethings shorting a relay?????

maybe its telling you "dont worry, im doing fine out here, go back to what you were doing" :)

Weird. I just noticed the other day when I left my lights on, how it doese a cool little light show before they shut down. They flash pretty quickly between low beams and fogs before shutting off.

this isn't helpful, but I seem to remember this happening to me one time OR maybe reading something about it on this board...

I can't be sure, but I know it seems familiar to me...

Just a family member with a remote screwing with you...paybacks are tough.

He said headlights. I don't know of any way to make the headlights flash using the remote.

He said headlights. I don't know of any way to make the headlights flash using the remote.

mine do. when i unlock the car they stay on for about a minute and when i lock it they flash twice to show that it's locked. i do have an after market alarm though. also, when i had installed my alarm initially i had to go back to the installer because for some reason there is this thing that unlocks the car after a while. he said it's due to something or the other (not very useful on the info part, sorry) and he had to take something off that doesn't let me unlock all the doors at the same time. i would imagine under the same circumstances your car might be doing this and you have caught it at that particular moment when it does it. that's the only explanation i can come up with. as 1LOUDLS, he knows his stuff, and there are a couple more members that know about alarms for all the technical terminology. i wish i could unlock all my doors though, it's annoying as hell

does the car have an aftermarket alarm, keyless or remotestart?

1 flash means unlocked, two means locked and buttoned up, five means locked with a door or trunk ajar.

I would guess that it's a gremlin. Or it's just winking at you.

mine do. when i unlock the car they stay on for about a minute and when i lock it they flash twice to show that it's locked. i do have an after market alarm though. also, when i had installed my alarm initially i had to go back to the installer because for some reason there is this thing that unlocks the car after a while. he said it's due to something or the other (not very useful on the info part, sorry) and he had to take something off that doesn't let me unlock all the doors at the same time. i would imagine under the same circumstances your car might be doing this and you have caught it at that particular moment when it does it. that's the only explanation i can come up with. as 1LOUDLS, he knows his stuff, and there are a couple more members that know about alarms for all the technical terminology. i wish i could unlock all my doors though, it's annoying as hell

i would talk to you installer about the install, aftermarket alarms/RS systems have a parking light wire, unless it is hooked up to the wrong wire the headlight should not come on(except for when the car is remote started and your auto headlight are on) the locking issue sound even more unusual. i would ask the guy where he tap into the lock and unlock wires, they should have been connected at the DDM in the drivers door. basicly the wires that come off the drivers door cylinder and go to the DDM, this way when you press unlock the car think that the car is being unlocked by the key in the door and it will also disarm the factory alarm, if you program this wire (unlock) to double pulse it will unlock all the doors. there shouldn't be "anything" to take out. i have seen a few installers not do this because running extra wire into the door is either too diffulcult or takes them too long

I could have sworn, but I'll take yalls word for it. I know I got the five part right though. I remember that from when my trunk wouldn't show that it was closed. Thanks for the correction.

i would talk to you installer about the install, aftermarket alarms/RS systems have a parking light wire, unless it is hooked up to the wrong wire the headlight should not come on(except for when the car is remote started and your auto headlight are on) the locking issue sound even more unusual. i would ask the guy where he tap into the lock and unlock wires, they should have been connected at the DDM in the drivers door. basicly the wires that come off the drivers door cylinder and go to the DDM, this way when you press unlock the car think that the car is being unlocked by the key in the door and it will also disarm the factory alarm, if you program this wire (unlock) to double pulse it will unlock all the doors. there shouldn't be "anything" to take out. i have seen a few installers not do this because running extra wire into the door is either too diffulcult or takes them too long

it is tapped into the door, i remember him doing that. but for some reason he told me he couldn't do it so they all unlock at the same time. i've had it that way for a couple of years now. i can unlock all of them if i hit the unlock button twice quickly. the only reason i do not like doing this is due to my HID's, i do not like them coming on and off and on and off again to unlock all the doors. so i usually just unlock all of them from the inside

it is tapped into the door, i remember him doing that. but for some reason he told me he couldn't do it so they all unlock at the same time. i've had it that way for a couple of years now. i can unlock all of them if i hit the unlock button twice quickly. the only reason i do not like doing this is due to my HID's, i do not like them coming on and off and on and off again to unlock all the doors. so i usually just unlock all of them from the inside

if you have your auto light OFF does the headlights still flash?

what brand of alarm do you have?

LMAO!

i forgot about this thread!
and yes my lights still flash once for no reason when the cars been off for a long time.
stock alarm with stock ford keyfob

ive replaced the internal fob battery.

i came across this thread because now im having to deal with a battery drain issue.
about to pull out the multimeter and find out whats wrong or whats drawing on the battery. could be related to the headlight flashes.

and yes my lights still flash once for no reason when the cars been off for a long time.

I was just sitting here wondering if Torx from 2007's headlights were still flashing... and BOOM, opened up LVC and here your were...:D

Good luck with the draining... Old battery?

Members online

No members online now.
Back