My First Mark Viii !!!!!!!

Stray

LVC Member
Reaction score
:facesjump
he he

1998 MArk viii LSC black on black

Ok so heres the story
Ive been drooling over the Mark viii for about 15 years when I first saw them come out, but could never afford one.
Been kinda looking around for the last few years but never even see them on the road much less for sale in the Seattle area.

I was driving down the road and saw this one for sale (private owner) for $2600.00 :eek: 155k runs great need shocks
I thought just need shocks I can do that... heh heh oh how little did I know.

Well to make a long story short:
I talked him down to 2200. found out that the dealer is the only one that would do the air system (wanted to keep the air) and I also needed a new motor for the front seat. hmm they dont make them u say???

LOL
Now im not handy with fixing things on cars so I payed plenty for it.
BUT I DONT CARE :p OMG I LOVE THIS CAR :D

So heres where I am
I payed $200. for a front seat with rails and drivers mirror (mine was cracked) in a junk yard had them swapped...really you have to pull the door panel off??? ugh.
And the rails have to be switched out also? lol
back to the shop

Ive payed $4200 with purchase,parts, and repairs so far (air system was 1300 ) :(
But I am so happy I did :) car runs beautiful
It came with Radius r6 rims and decent tires but I found this set of ten spokes for $200. Soon as I get money for new tires ill change them out.

Hope you like the pics
sorry my camera isnt the best

Stray
:headbang: Mark viii owner :headbang:

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

Black on black LSC - NICE! I would have paid up to $5k for that car with those part just because I, myself, think a black on black LSC is worth it.

Nice!

If you can't do small repairs on the car yourself though expect it to nickle and dime you a bit... but it is worth it, nothing compares to the Mark VIII to me!

Awesome car! What her name?
Welcom to the group I am fearly new too. Had a Lincoln Continental 1995 fo over 8 months and now got the wife MK VIII 1993. Not the less for a woman who do not care about cars, you should have seen the eyes whent I said I will take your car for a drive...

Not the less Wecome to the family!

Looks like you're due for a new multifunction switch, the fluid button is missing. It's not a cheap part and you have to pull the wheel off to have it replaced. Which means, removing the airbag, the clockspring, and pulling the wheel.

But it is a nice looking car. I actually kind of like the aftermarket wheels.

Looks like you're due for a new multifunction switch, the fluid button is missing. It's not a cheap part and you have to pull the wheel off to have it replaced. Which means, removing the airbag, the clockspring, and pulling the wheel.

Hush up.....let him have his honey moon with his car ... ;)
We will tell him later about all the problems he is going to get into.:eek:

Congrats on the purchase! Its money well spent. I learned how to do all kinds of work on this car, before this I had never even changed my own oil. It help with the love affair to fix it yourself.

BTW, are you a sooners fan? If so, sorry about what WVU did to you guys in the bowl game last year!! ;)

Not many cars out there like a Mark 8. I swear it when i had my 93 base model, i always said it was like driving a dream. Now i got a 96 LSC and i f**in love it.

Very nice car.

And now that you're here, you can ask for some advice on the smaller issues you run into. Some of them are surprisingly easy to fix, like the air ride actually... some of them, are the result of the car being designed by a sadists.

:D ty all

one question I do have is:
The drivers side lens on the headlight is cruddy (you can see in the picture)
Is this something that I can buy? -part number?
or is this another item that is not made and ill be sifting through junkyards:(

stray

Is it different between gen 1 and gen 2s or something? I replaced the multifunction on my 94 without touching the steering wheel/clockspring..

Sweet ass, i found my 97 black on black for 4900 with 55,000 on the clock...had a few issues but i was lucky enough to work in parts and fix it myself.

I have close or over 7,000 in it now...man these cars are an addiction.

Congrats to another 2nd gen black on black lsc! :cool:

if you mean the foggy headlight....
-tape around headlight
-get 1000,1500,2000,2500 grit sandpaper
-soak each in water for 5+ mins
-start sanding headlight with the lowest grit to highest grit(with each grit sand for about 5 mins and each time you change a grit go in a different direction go up and down with 1000 then left to right with 1500 and so on)
-Then let it dry and put on rubbing compound untill headlight is clear again.
you can search if you want more detail, btw nice car and welcome to LVC

:D ty all

one question I do have is:
The drivers side lens on the headlight is cruddy (you can see in the picture)
Is this something that I can buy? -part number?
or is this another item that is not made and ill be sifting through junkyards:(

stray

3M sells a headlight restoration kit that looks pretty good. If you go on the Two Guys Garage website, there's a link to the 3M product website. there's a demo video on the whole project from start to finish.

By the way, congrats on the Mark. I miss my '97 sometimes (but not in the winter) and would like to get a hold of another.

Have Fun!

Is it different between gen 1 and gen 2s or something? I replaced the multifunction on my 94 without touching the steering wheel/clockspring..

Yes, the Gen 1's have the multifunction switch mounted to the side of the steering column but the Gen 2's completely surrounds the shaft. It's a pain but it's honestly not too bad if you're careful and good with tools.

3M sells a headlight restoration kit that looks pretty good. If you go on the Two Guys Garage website, there's a link to the 3M product website. there's a demo video on the whole project from start to finish.

By the way, congrats on the Mark. I miss my '97 sometimes (but not in the winter) and would like to get a hold of another.

Have Fun!

Or you could just look here on our site!

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=49646&highlight=headlight

ty ill try cleaning my lens cover like you said.
what about mirrors? my drivers mirror has what looks like water spots all over it.
Will it work on that also?

hmm someone on the forum here posted and said to use chrome polish
Any feedback on this tactic?

ty ill try cleaning my lens cover like you said.
what about mirrors? my drivers mirror has what looks like water spots all over it.
Will it work on that also?

are the spots discolored? if so, you're autodim may be shot in the mirror. The rearview and the drivers side mirrors are autodim and are a known issue. Finding a good one is tough and a lot of guys just have a good glass guy cut a piece and put it in it's place.

Members online

No members online now.
Back