My first dent

Elessee

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
This '88 MK7 LSC had a nice, straight body before a big tree branch fell from about 30 feet, and creamed my left rear pillar.
I eventually found the LSC emblem, and no glass was broken, so I'm grateful.
No idea what, if anything, to do about it.
dent branch.jpg

At the risk of sounding cliché, that'll pull right out. There really isn't anything behind there that could cause structural concerns. My biggest concern is the seal on the rear window. First break out the hose and leak test the window. Then get an estimate or three from actual body shops for a pull and respray.
Let us know how you proceed.
Bridge-puller-Auto-Car-Body-Panel-font-b-Repair-b-font-font-b-Kit-b-font.jpg

"At the risk of sounding cliché, that'll pull right out."

Thanks for the reply.
Someone else told me the same thing. They also said the slight bend in the window frame should also straighten out naturally. There is no visible air gap between the glass and the rubber seal. It did not leak when I sponge-washed it.
Still waiting on the tree's owner to make a decision on what they want to do. I'll get estimates eventually. I think it's gonna total the car.

My insurance guy said one estimate would suffice, so I got one.
Total is $1,750 which is mostly paint. Blending old paint into new. The trunk lid got scratched up.

Sheet metal repair by itself would be around $700, prepped for paint.
I've thought about someday repainting the whole car. The clear coat has peeled, and sunlight damaged the roof, and other spots.

Members online

No members online now.
Back