My current Conti, and future plans. Need alittle help.

lilwheezy75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive learned alot from just reading around and ive been driving my 94 continental for alittle over a year now. Ive had to make some costly fixes such as converting the suspension, fixing the radiator and the brakes. But for now everything seems to work fine.

So far ive done alot to the sound system of the car... 2 12" kickers, 2 amps (1 for subs and 1 for the the front component speakers), 5 1/4" Kicker component speakers with tweeters mounted in the door panel, pioneer headunit, Pioneer ipod adapter ran through the glovebox and thats it. No 6x 9's...they are there, just not hooked up.

I also upgraded the BIG3 with 0gauge, and put a K&N filter in.

NOW... i want to do alittle more since it seems to be going well.

I want to put some nice rims and tires on the car... nothing outragous but something nice and chrome. I need to know what the lug pattern is for the 94 conti, and how big of a rim i can fit without problems using the conversion suspension ( i dont know if it has a different ride height over the air susp.)

Also i want to upgrade the exaust, maybe so lower end flowmasters... but i was wondering how the v6 conti would sound with an upgraded exaust.. i dont want it to sound like crap but i also dont expect a very deep pwerful sound. I just would like to know what to expect and if its worth it.

next question... where could i send something to get chromed? I think its banned or illegal in PA... but im looking for somewhere on the east coast. I want to buy a grill to replace my cracked one, but i would like to get it chromed. I also need to know what the material is that grill is made of, is it metal or some sort of plastic? it seems like a mix of both?

Thats about it for the questions... i also plan on tinting the windows, cleaning the interior, and hopefuly fixing the AC, and the very very slight leak in the sunroof.

Sorry about the essay.. but thanks for the help.

i see ur into buidling pc's as well i love doing that thats what i do for my side hustle. I am in the process of drawing up my new project of a gaming machine for myself i sold my last 1 i built to a friend who has been wanting it since he 1st saw it. man now i miss it lol.. but i am gonna build a much faster one love the work u have done with your Conti i have a 2000 conti thats my next project as well.

w/ that k&n watch your air senors.. did you change out your alt? and i don't know if your trying to squeeze power out of a 185hp engine.. remember to take into account that this car wasn't built for any of this and that it has a weak trans.

what do you mean watch my air sensors.. what should i look out for.. I know im supposed to clean it every now and then thats about it.

also im not really trying to get more power out of it... just trying to make it look and sound nice. I thought the exaust may get me better gas mileage too, atleast thats what i was told.

And no i didnt change out my alternator.. maybe an owner before me did, but i didnt just upgraded the wiring. I read it was a 130 amp alt which seemed more than enough beecause my amps arent using too much power

probably a 130A 3g alt. pretty much stock for 91-94. pre 91 had 100a units, and I dont believe they were 3g.

that alt looks identical in wire placement and such to my 91's 130a unit.

does that pose a problem for me.. or does it seem to be ok? I have a 600 watt RMS amp for the subs.. and i think its 200 for the 2 channel. 100 per channel.

any ideas on myother questions though/?

Your bolt pattern is 5 x 108 or 5 x 4.25 depending how you measure it.
You'll notice that they're neither cheap not common.
Which blew my mind when I started to look for new rims and rubber because its the same build as the crwon vic and the taurus but eitherway thats what it is.

awsome thanks.. any idea what size rims i can fit on this car and avoid rubbing? i dont even know if i want 20s it may look stupid.. so i may do 18s i dno though.

As far as I know, and from what I'm told. 20" is too big. I'm looking between 17" and 18".
I've seen a towncar with 18's and it looked great. I think that extra 2" would hurt the look.
Let me know what style you go with. As I mentioned in the sound thread, I'm already wrapped up both time and financially in my audio setup for the moment but I hope to get up on rims by the end of the summer.

awsome thanks.. any idea what size rims i can fit on this car and avoid rubbing? i dont even know if i want 20s it may look stupid.. so i may do 18s i dno though.

Stick with the 18's, they look nice, not to oversized. I like the progress so far keep us posted.

yea i will, im currently reconsidering my situation and i might sell my conti for a brand new car. I need something with much better gas mileage... i drive too much and spend way to much on gas. I dont know though, i may keep this car and still buy one. We'll see

you do realize it costs more to buy a new car than to buy gas for a car already paid for???

Regards,
Brad
1997 continental back on the road.

yea thanks for that... but its also alot nicer driving around in a new car compared to a car that could break at anytime... and its alot nicer down the road if say i get the civic hybrid which gets 50mpg compared to my 15.7

I've just put some 16" Lincoln MARK VIII unidirectionals on my 02 Conti as well as 255-50R-16 rubber. They fit fine and no rubbing on the struts. I like this look and was considering bigger rims but decided to stay with the Lincolns. There are certainly lots of rim pattern options out there and the trend today is for 17-18" for sure. The 5 x 108 BP does limit the choices,

The Bolt Pattern is indeed 5 x 108, Centre Bore is 63.9, Lug is 12 x 1.5, Offset is 32-44 and OD is 26.2ish

New Rims 4.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back