my car won't start

maxlsv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a 94 mark viii and when I try to start it all it does is just crank. The only thing I did before that is raised the car up and let it down. I reset the fuel pump thinking that it could be a problem and nothing happened. Then I took off a plug wire and checked for spark and there is no spark in both coils. I don't know if both coils could be bad, its unlikely. I don't know which relay controlls them (I don't have a manual). So I need some help figuring this out.

I think it could be a cam sensor or crank censor one of the two they are known to act up and cause problems like this

I think I'm just going to tow it to a shop to let them figure out the problem.
This happened before, I would be driving and the car would shut off, then I would try to start it then it would do nothing. Few minutes later it would start back up like nothing happened. BTW where are cam and crank sensors located on these cars, I used to have a t-bird and they were easy to find but this is a totally different car and I don't see anything. thanks

cam sensor is behind the power steering reservoir and the crank sensor is behind the AC compressor.

Thanks, I took out the sensor and put it back in and the car started.

maxlsv8 said:
Thanks, I took out the sensor and put it back in and the car started.

For other members benefit, which sensor?

Cam or Crank?

And aren't you glad you didn't take it to the dealer so they could fleece you for new coil packs or who knows what not?

It was the cam sensor, after I got the car to start, I went and got a new one from Auto Zone it was 15.99 and I replaced it. Thanks for all the help

Members online

No members online now.
Back