My car weighs 3530 whatelse can i do to lower it?

hy35f2t

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 91 lsc.Convert it to 5speed and has 4:10 gear ratio.But with otherwise stock motor only mac prochamber and mac mufflers still on factory header.But before i do some engine mods wanna drop a few more lbs.So far i took out the a/c system and spare tire and jack.Thats it for weight removal.Is it really worth pulling out the seats and carpet and taking all the sound stuff out?Also my radio dosent work it turns on but no sound from any speakers :( but yeah its my new project.Maybe a mustang tubular k member and manual rack?

Anyone get there car to weigh 3k lbs?One last thing will going to spring setup drop and weight?Wondering because i want to go to a tubular kmember but the rear is holding me up on how to convert to springs with out a welder.

You can ditch the smog pump and plumbing, that saves some weight. Otherwise it is only a matter of how seriously you want to go with it...you can have it weighing in at one ton with everything gutted, fiberglass panels, lexan windows, and aluminum engine block and heads.

The stock air springs way a little less than a coil spring conversion.

All thats on the motor for longblock is alternator and water pump and p/s pump.SMog and the lines are all off.Still thinking a kmember and manual steering be a nice atleast 100lbs dropped off the front end.Anyone know of a fiberglass hood that bolts on?I really dont wanna do the pin on crap.And how do the front and rear bumpers go on (fiberglass)?

Yeah seen that when i did a google search.Still dont see any for sale on ebay, doors would be really nice but ehh.Think im gonna do bumper soon once it gets nicer outside.Seeing as my back bumper is starting to peel and rust ugh.

WHen i was doing my pedal swap i noticed the castiron dash mount or bar.DOes that run the full length of the firewall from 1 pillar to other?I kind of laughed and figure thats another reason why these weigh so much lol.

Well heres what i pulled off the car so far.

Sound deading
rear seatbelts
rear speakers
factory amp
insulation from the carpet
back seat upper and lower.surprised about the weight.
heater box the whole thing
firewall insulation
both passanger and driver seat.

im thinking of putting the stock carpet back in but with maybe tbird seats as these seats weigh 75lbs each.So some sparco's maybe in order.Either way all this stuff ive taken out is shy of 300lbs.And i still have to do the tubular k member and manual rack and tubular control arms with coil spring setup.Hopeing all the air ride :q:q:q:q is another 50lbs or so.trying to get this car to 3k lbs while looking stock.Might even just replace the power seat tracks with manuals as the tracks alone weigh nearly 35lbs each.

why not go for the jugular, and put aluminum heads, radiator, comp cam plastic upper intake. that well drop 60-80lbs off the frt of the car and you will pick up 50 horses in the process.

why not go for the jugular, and put aluminum heads, radiator, comp cam plastic upper intake. that well drop 60-80lbs off the frt of the car and you will pick up 50 horses in the process.

Actually i just did gt40p heads and a tfs 1 cam with an edelbrock performer intake and direct port nitrous setup.I went with a flamming river manual rack which was pretty easy swap.Also new tie rods as mine were shot didnt even know that.so for belt routing i have crank alternator and water pump looks really clean.Maybe ill get some aluminum heads.But would really love some fiberglass bumpers and such.

Members online

No members online now.
Back