my badges!

Lincolns Own

Beast In Disguise
Reaction score
hello. we recently bought a '98 LSC and it was pointed out that i had '95-'96 lincoln badges on the back tail light. why might this be?!

1998lincolnmarkviiiLSC005.jpg

1998lincolnmarkviiiLSC006.jpg

1998lincolnmarkviiiLSC007.jpg

it has the gold package so dont worry about the color lol. i do kinda like the bigger badges tho, its more aggressive looking to me. just wondering why it was badged like this. carfax shows no accidents with this car so i dont think it has anything to do with being takin from a junk yard.

My guess was the car was debadged at some point and then rebadged with those 96 LSC badges. I say debadge it again, looks really clean that way

I would have left it plain. One of my customers hates emblems as I do and he stripped his black Gen 2 of all emblems, looks mean.

im didnt mean to crush your dreams (in the other thread), but i dont think it looks bad, just i know what mine look like, i see them everyday, maby the previous owner liked those badges better

Could have just been a "tap" and fixed out of pocket. CarFax means NOTHING what so ever simply because they can only provide you with REPORTED incidents.

Look at the sticker on the trunk lid? If it's a part # and not a vin # then it has been replaced.

Of course that doesn't mean no accidents period. My ETC didn't have any accidents reported to carfax, but after my accident I tear apart the front end only to find junkyard numbers on the inside of bumper cover, fender, cam cover (!,) and a reman transmission.

CARFAX is only a starting point. I had a Mustang hit really hard in the rear, Went throught hte normal insurance and fixed at a great body shop. When we went to trade it the dealer pulled a CARFAX and it never showed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back