My air ride resurrection thread

cadillackman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So i've finally got around to un-spring converting the LSC that I picked up in Houston. School's out & the kiddies are at Grandmas, Yippee!
Lucky for me the air lines were the only things that were cut. Unfortunately, while trying to disconnect the upper control arms from the spindles up front, I realized that the bolts holding the upper ball joints are not factory & will not come out. At least the uppers are new so it won't be an issue for a couple of years.
I got the springs off without too much trouble, I planned to sell them, it's a 1.5" lowered Strut-bastards kit if anyone's interested.
I got all of the sensors & bags off of my wrecked car & swapped them out one by one.
I checked all of the solenoid & sensor connectors which were tucked away nicely & kept clean.
I swapped my working compressor, plugged it in, & put blocks under all four LCA's to simulate the car being slammed, but not all of the way so the sensors aren't out of range.

I let the car down & re connected the wire behind the kick panel that is usually cut to disable the "check air ride" message.

I turned the key, hit the switch in the trunk, & got the error message imediately.

Hard fault huh? No problem, I bet it's a bad relay....
It's not, I swapped two other relays with no luck.

So i'm back at square one. All 4 solenoids, all 3 sensors, relay & pump are connected. All of my parts worked, even after the wreck.

Am I missing something here?

Is there anything in particular I can check with a multimeter?

I have the dealer service manual for a gen 1 if you want to borrow it.

images

Its in the passenger side kick panel.

Just unplug the one in the car, plug in the one that worked.

Long shot but worth a try.

Good luck...I know some members have gave up tracing down air ride problems and swapped to coils..

So I swapped the module out with no luck either, what a bish that was.
The only other think that I can think of is the sensor plugs, they've been unplugged for a couple of years on this car & while they look ok they may be corroded on the inside so I think i'll delete them & hardwire the things, or delete them & put mine on (because I know they're good.)

All of the pigtails were exactly where they should have been for the compressor & the solenoids but i'm coming up blank as to what else it would be, in comparing the two cars, I see nothing missing. Same goes for the fuses.
This sucks balls because my ASHAM8 is completely useless without air ride:Bang
On a good note I just did the CC recall on the LSC with the pigtail from the wrecked car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back