my 96 wont start please help

andyp

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hi everyone and merry christmas, my 96 continental wont start,it spins over acts like something in the anti theft has disabled the fireing, it has fuel pressure , its crazy i just parked it and two days later i get in it to go to work and it wont crank i have entered the master code and the doors unlock is the a way i can reset the anti theft system or does it have to go to the dealer, please some one help me i need my ride thanks for your time and help ,andyp

I believe you could just un-hook the battery. That should reset it. . . In my case, if it has power but doesn't crank. Its the battery, just doesn't have enough power to crank it all the way over. . .

i unhooked the battery and put a charger on the battery still to no avail spins over just fine its like the anti theft or now i'm thinking the ignition control module just went out just like that but thats so hard to believe because it was running fine when i parked it and turned it off thanks for your help if you have any other suggestion i would be in you debt thanks andyp

andyp said:
i unhooked the battery and put a charger on the battery still to no avail spins over just fine its like the anti theft or now i'm thinking the ignition control module just went out just like that but thats so hard to believe because it was running fine when i parked it and turned it off thanks for your help if you have any other suggestion i would be in you debt thanks andyp

sounds like your crankshaft sensor went out andy.no sense no fire. :wrench
john

Members online

No members online now.
Back