My 89 MK7 project has issues...

HOT ROD LCN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Im brand new to this forum, although ive been reading posts on here for about 2 months. You see, Ive been trying to get this 89 lsc 5.0 from my friend for two years now. Its not mint, but has 112k and body is straight. I took it home yesterday, and from then to now, i realize this is the info I need.

1) the car idles btwn 500-1.25k up and down, and then settles on about 800 @ idle.after about 10-15 mins. is that normal?

2) car came with only ignition key, is there a code in trunk somewhere w/#? for keypad? where exactly?

3) rear air shocks pump up fine while car is running, but rear sinks level after a few hours off.

4) windshield needs to be replaced. any warnings? do cougar & t-bird glass work for same yr?

5)there is a noise that sounds like a door open alarm, but higher in pitch, that i cant turn off- any ideas?

6)driver side window motor sounds like its working, but window doesnt move.

Im a newbie to lincolns, but feel so drawn to this neglected mk7 and im trying to give it a second life, even as a backyard hobbyist mechanic. Any input is appreciated!!!!

I have a Mark VIII, but just so that you have a quick response, I'll take a shot at the questions.

HOT ROD LCN said:
1) the car idles btwn 500-1.25k up and down, and then settles on about 800 @ idle.after about 10-15 mins. is that normal?
No, it's not.

2) car came with only ignition key, is there a code in trunk somewhere w/#? for keypad? where exactly?
Yeah, at least with the VIII there is. But that's a question better answered by a VII owner.

3) rear air shocks pump up fine while car is running, but rear sinks level after a few hours off.
This means they are probably leaking. While you are driving, the car is keeping them pumped up. Over night, the car sits, the air escapes.

6)driver side window motor sounds like its working, but window doesnt move.
It probably sheared the plastic gears inside the motor. You can buy a rebuild kit, or just buy a used one on eBay.

Members online

No members online now.
Back