My 86 Mark VII LSC Air Suspension

Lunging Wolf

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just joined the site. I've had my 86 with 88K original for about 2 months. Left rear going down when sitting for more than an hour. Just a stupid question, but a serious one: What would happen if I just turned the air suspension off, and let the system drain. To me the thing would look a hundred times better lower anyway. Okay, sock it to me. I know I'm about to be lambasted, but I had to ask. I really don't know.:(

Ok first of all, your car is going to hit on the ground, and good luck going over speedbumps its going to be impossible. And second of all your other suspension parts are going to get damaged. Just get yourself a set of used rear bags from ebay or either www.americanairsuspension.com or www.strutmasters.com and change em out, its a wam bam thank you ma'am type of fix.

Just my 0.02

I bought three Marks real cheap because of failed air suspension systems. One of the previous owners thought it was "cool" to drive it "lowrider" style.
The two others were parked and were fixed with just an air spring replacement. The one that was driven required lots of suspension parts because of the stresses introduced to the wrong places. Driving them with the air springs down is a great way to wreck alot of good suspension parts.

You can make a $100.00 repair now or a $1000.00 repair later, it's your choice. Here in So Cal, air springs are everywhere in the bone yards and they are a snap to change.

Why don't you stick a "bag" in that thing and drive it to Glendale and join some other Mark VII owners for lunch every third Sunday of the month at Bob's Big Boy, at 1:00pm. Next meet is April 15th.
see:http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/events/2007/02/18/ca/index.htm When you get to the link, click on the picture for more photos.

groupshotsmall.jpg

Art

Thanks for the reply

Yeah, I knew it would do damage. The left rear goes down sometimes, but airs right up when I turn the key on, and stays up. doesn't go down all the time either. I'll replace the air bag soon. Got another question if anyone is interested in answering. To the untrained eye I can't see a great deal of change from my 86 all the way up to 91 or 92. Was there any real change in the body style all those years?:D

Members online

Back