My 2004 Lincoln v6

IamLincoln

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I bough my ls about 2 weeks ago. I paid $1500 for the car with 126k miles on it. I asked what was all wrong with the car he said nothing the car runs great. I drove off and immediately noticed there was something going on with the transmission I had a smal jerk when switching from first to second gear. Next morning I went to crank the car and there was a horrible shaking it ran rough until the car warmed up. I have changed all spark plugs, coils, syl temp sensor, o2 sensor, fuel pump, and engine oil but none of that seems to have worked my ls still runs rough in the am my check engine light is back on reading codes to all the things I have changed. Any idea on what it is that’s wrong with my car

I bough my ls about 2 weeks ago. I paid $1500 for the car with 126k miles on it. I asked what was all wrong with the car he said nothing the car runs great. I drove off and immediately noticed there was something going on with the transmission I had a smal jerk when switching from first to second gear. Next morning I went to crank the car and there was a horrible shaking it ran rough until the car warmed up. I have changed all spark plugs, coils, syl temp sensor, o2 sensor, fuel pump, and engine oil but none of that seems to have worked my ls still runs rough in the am my check engine light is back on reading codes to all the things I have changed. Any idea on what it is that’s wrong with my car
Did you change out the fuel filter? Cleaning your intake manifold is always a good thing to do I use sea foam brand myself....run the car until it’s up to optimal temp spec’s then spray the cleaner in the intake manifold with straw nozzle so to allow the air intake hose to stay connected ...while the car is in park have someone keep the car at a steady 2000rpm’s while you spray the entire can into intake manifold ...when the can is empty shut the car off and allow the car to hot soak for 10-15 minutes ...start car and give it a good hard drive this will clean all the garbage out of the engine ...”notice” Car will smoke profusely out of mufflers don’t be alarmed this is normal ....drive until smoke exhaust is steady and normal looking ...I suggest changing fuel filter if you haven’t already...all the best ...keep us posted on status

Members online

No members online now.
Back