My $200.00 Parts Gettin Pickup!

Mark8Murder

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Nieghbor guy was working on it over the weekend, he's had it as long as I can remember. Rebuilt the carb due to lack of power, did a tune up and still would stumble under acceleration.... Walked over to give him a hand, could tell he was getting frustrated. Told him to check timing and if that was good, disconnect the exhaust and see if the cat was plugged. He checked timing, it was good. Rounded both exhaust bolts trying to get the cat disconnected.

Next thing I know I turn around and he's standing in my garage, looking like he's about to murder someone. He asks me if I'll give him $200.00 for that piece of crap truck and of course I say sure.

Pull it out of his driveway, go 20ft and pull it into my driveway and up on some ramps. Fire up the trusty sawsall and cut the coverter off. Fire it up and take it around the block, problem solved. Neighbor smiles and give's me the bird lol. I pull back in his driveway and asks if he wants the truck back.... He's says keep it, he's done with it. So now here's my little 89 Mazda B2200 Automatic parts getter....

IMG_4733.jpg

Lol, well it was nice of you to offer to give it back.

Thats pretty cool man. It was indeed nice to offer it back to him.

I see some mini truckin comin along. ;)

gotta love beaters.... although not sure this falls into that catagory... Very cool.

Thanks Dudes! He's a nice guy, I've helped him out on a couple of his and his family's vehicles. He just said he's tired of jacking with it and he's been wanting a newer 4x4 Toyota.

Isaiah, you read my mind.... already did some looking around on mazdabscene and seen something I want to "copy" hope the guy doesn't mind.....

Probably cost me a total of a couple hundred bucks for the roof rack and the lowering blocks, but I'm thinking about matte black on the hood and tailgate...

IMG_1276.jpg

danny, you are correct....when I first seen pricing, I thought they were made from parts of space shuttle. Got on the Clist and found a used one for a couple hundred bucks.

The truck has 176k on it and drives almost like new, interior is almost mint. Little thing has been growing on me its funny how many looks it get.... yeah, they may be I feel sorry for that idiot looks, but they're still looks and I pretend their jealous.... :)

I have always had a special place in my heart for mini's!

mine was a 1990 isuzu. slammed super low. 3 1/2' at its lowest from the ground. It was awesome. Chromed out nose with billet grills top and bottom, shaved handles, antennae, mirrors, hood squirters, tailgate handle, the body line was a work in progress and not a pic to prove anything. :-/ I stripped interior and had integra bucket seats in it and a fiberglass dash that looked like the eclipse dash with auto meter gauges. I had some 15'' centerlines on it. Lots of fun to ride around in. All under construction. :)

One day I would like to get another Isuzu.
Your little truck looks good man.

Its like I tell my friends and fam, I went from mini-truckin to luxury tuckin. :cool:

Members online

Back