Mufflers

CrackerJack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Specifically Cherry Bombs, haven't seen or heard anything about them on here. I was actually thinking of some 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 glass packs to replace the stock mufflers. Being only $30 a piece, I would get a nice loud sound for really cheap.

Thoughts, comments? I really don't want an entire exhaust kit, but I'm going with a KKM intake and new mufflers this spring.

If your curious how they may sound check youtube i believe a few people have installed cherry bombs on thier ls.

I agree with gcwimmer.

You'll get a loud sound. Not sure if it will be "nice" though.

I've never heard that specific setup before, so I can't be sure, but I would think it wouldn't be as refined as teh magnaflows.

Specifically Cherry Bombs, haven't seen or heard anything about them on here.

Thats because it's a lincoln site ;)
We have pretty low displacement, it will sound ricey. You need a system that is tuned for the car. Otherwise I wouldn't bother spending anything.

i had a cherry bomb on my Grand cherokee 5.2 v8 and had on on my xj which was a 4.0 i6 and they both sound good but when offroading they didnt hold up that long, i have to change my muffler on my ls

agree with 02LincLS, a muffler is basically a ported enclosure, and needs to be properly tunned, think of it as a universal ported enclosure from circuit city and one made from the specs of your subwoofers and the size/shape of your car etc...

I don't know about "tuned" aftermarket mufflers. I mean, they don't make an LS specific magnaflow muffler, but mine sure sound good...

tuned in a muffler would mean that its well constructed on the inside, not specifically designed for lincolns LS but at least for a similar engine (small block) and getting the most performance possible and the better sound you can get

I have 130,000 miles on my 2000 LS V8 with an original muffler, how long can I expect it to last. Where can I find a replacement that will last this long?

Members online

No members online now.
Back