Muffler / exhaust Questions HELP!

phreakness

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
OK tax return time and I've got about $600 to spend so I'm looking a a 2.5 SS magnaflow double X and BLKMK8 tubes. the only real question I have is what size of mufflers to get. I REALLY like the look of these...

http://www.completeexhaust.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=105

But I'm not sure 4x9 or 5x8? I hope to order all this on monday depending if the above mufflers will fit.

I love the stoc tips they are cool as hell also I have the magnaflows and they are A little louder than stock at WOT if that is what you want then do it you'll love it, if not stay away.

They've got to be quiter than the flowmasters I've got with a hole in them. I would much prefer to keep the stock tips but they make to much of a high pitched sound and my tips are screwed up any ways.

If you want a nice rumble, you should look at Borla. They have a really throaty sound, but they might be kinda loud. If you're looking to go for the classic hot rod sound, just get some good old-fashioned glass packs. You might want to get some bigger chrome tips to eliminate a possible sound that kinda sounds like high-pressure air. It happed on my Crown Vic when I put GPs on it, but a little chrome tip cut it out. Anyways, that's my two cents, let me know how it goes.

I dont know's who's car I heard with the double X cat system with magnaflows was just what the doctor ordered. Thats totally the system I want Its now just making sure it will fit. After looking at some other pictures I the mufflers are to small, so I'll need a muffler tip combo.

These look incredible and sound even better.

xpansionxiilogo.jpg

xpansionxii2.jpg

YIKES! little steep on the mufflers. Those would be a serious budget busters. Since the Plasma screen is paid for and on its way the budget is what it is.

phreakness said:
YIKES! little steep on the mufflers. Those would be a serious budget busters. Since the Plasma screen is paid for and on its way the budget is what it is.

These are $179.00 aeach.
They are lifetime warrantied stainless steel, mirror chrome polished, the tips are double wall razor cut lifetaime ss also mirror chrome polished, ss welds too, seperately the tips are $31.99 each, then the mufflers are $99.00 each the ss welds are $8.00 each (robotically welded) so add that up seperately at $354.00 there not reallly that bad.

When I get my exhaust done I'm definitely getting those XpansionXII mufflers. They look awesome!

These look incredible and sound even better.

A deep, performance/ muscle car tone, or a rich mellow tone? I may consider these in the near future, they look fantastic!

ONEBADMK8 said:
We have had clips for years. This is my actual car.

http://www.lincolnmotorsport.com/singlexrev.wav

Doesn't sound too crazy to me... maybe its a bad recording. That's a single X (with 2 cats), xpansion ii's, and factory headers?

Its weird cause I really enjoy the way my car sounds.. like a foreign car. I just wish I could turn up the volume. I mean, when I floor it you could really hear the v8 but when accelerating softly from a stop it's not too impressive.

Members online

No members online now.
Back