Muffler Delete Questions.

Travis2000LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Thinking about Cutting off the Stock mufflers off the Lincoln LS for a while and Straight piping it with only Cats and Resonators..
My question is that, Will it sound like a Straight piped truck basically..

Ya know how when they drive by it sounds like its Cackaling or Popping?

I want it to be smooth sound almost. Not sound like im shooting a M16 Lol

Anyways so all of you who have done a Muffler delete. Let me know what yours sounds like and if your happy with it!

Thanks!

Search on youtube.

Its a small V8 so it wont sound deep like a truck but its gonna be loud, annoying and have lots of drone. Most likely youll end up not liking it.

Thanks been searchin on youtube for a bit.. I like the sound of it. i just really hate the Pop when it gets to the higher revs :( :(

I know some people have asked about Glasspacks but i think it would make it sound worse.. Wish I had the money to put some magnas on it :(

Just wondering if the Straight pipe wouldnt sound horrible.. Like I said.. I just hate the "Pop" it makes..

Was wondering if it would still make it with the resonators in.

If you just cut off the mufflers and leave everything else intact that should sound pretty decent untill you can get some mufflers.

It will be audible inside with the windows up even just so you know.

Yeah im into that. Thanks Black.

I just have seem some videos of the LS driving away, Props to Alax for sharing some more, Of them sounding like they cackle or whatever when it gets up in higher revs.

Wondering if they did a Resonator delete aswell or just a Muffler..

Thinking about Cutting the muffler then adding a Foot of pipe connecting it to the rest of the downward facing tips or just leaving it where it is cut. Havent really gone it to major thought yet about it.
Just wanted to hear a little advice on everyones part about them.

Been doing some searching and all but Noone could really tell me if they truly liked their Muffler-Delete LS

Thanks again guys!

Anymore advice feel free to post!

wow I think it sound amazing without the muffler, not to loud but deff makes people look and see where that sound is coming from, expect to see a mustang or something and see the LS! Think maybe I might take mine off! I have magnaflows on mine and sounds pretty dam good too, but not that loud compared to that.

Travis,

I just paid 65 a piece for the Magnaflow 11225's shipped on Amazon, and I think they are even cheaper on eBay.

Also mounted them myself to save on labor.

Have them clamped and JB Welded for now until I finally get around to running the 220 line to my garage so I can use the mig welder.

But, the midsection joint on both driver's and passenger's side pipes is leaking bad, and I've sealed it 3 times now, so we'll see how it holds up.

oh, and V6 sounds like :q:q:q:q with no mufflers. and the V8 is loud as hell and kinda raspy with no mufflers IMO.

The sound all depends on how you mod the exhaust. I cut off the mufflers and replaced them with a set if 18 inch resonators. Then welded on some 8 inch chrome tips. The tips took the exhaust out from under the car so I didn't hear is as much while in the car. The resonators baffled the exhaust very slightly providing enough back pressure to keep me from back firing and losing power.
I loved it.

Thank you for all the info guys!
My budget is Slim to non atm tis Why Im asking. I have access to a Welder and whatnot. So ill come up with something hopefully

I went strait pipes before i decided to do it right with mufflers. It lasted about a week before i just couldn't handle the drone at certain rpm's. My advice dont go strait pipes wait and do it right.:D

I deleted my exhaust and left the resonators. I cut before the last bend before the mufflers and ran pipes and tips out the back (01 so i cut slots for the tips). You are correct, it does get raspy in the higher RPMS, but only if your outside the car. Inside it sounds amazing. a nice deep tone. For no money other than the piping and tips, its a great way to go. and if u cut were i did (about 12" back). you can easily put the stock back on if you dont like it.

If you dont run the pipes out the back, i imagine it would be alot louder in the car

sounds great inside the car, raspy in higher RPMS and the high way.

I deleted my exhaust and left the resonators. I cut before the last bend before the mufflers and ran pipes and tips out the back (01 so i cut slots for the tips). You are correct, it does get raspy in the higher RPMS, but only if your outside the car. Inside it sounds amazing. a nice deep tone. For no money other than the piping and tips, its a great way to go. and if u cut were i did (about 12" back). you can easily put the stock back on if you dont like it.

If you dont run the pipes out the back, i imagine it would be alot louder in the car

sounds great inside the car, raspy in higher RPMS and the high way.

Nice to hear some positive output. Thats exactly what I think im going to do. Im going to go buy me 2 about 12' or 14' pipe sections and some not to flashy looking tips and 2 metal hangers to weld to my new sections of pipe so I can use the original Exhaust hangers. I appreciate all the feedback from everybody.

And if anybody has a picture of a Gen1 with Muffler delete so i can use some reference material while I do the job I would be in great appreciation.

Like to know maybe use some downward facing tips or how it would look with some tips showing out of the back maybe? let me know what yall think for a Tip design as well. Hidden, Shown, or Barley visible ?

And if anybody has a picture of a Gen1 with Muffler delete so i can use some reference material while I do the job I would be in great appreciation.

Like to know maybe use some downward facing tips or how it would look with some tips showing out of the back maybe? let me know what yall think for a Tip design as well. Hidden, Shown, or Barley visible ?

Get your car running correctly first than save the money and do it the correct way with mufflers and exhaust cut-outs trust me you will like it alot better!

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=44774

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=75250

These members have done some amazing looking work IMO.

^ +1

Exhaust cut outs are a must!

Doing my Pipes tomorrow. Kinda leery about the cut outs. i really dont want to mess up my bumper. Hopefully I can get a dremal tool and do it. Me and my Neighbor who is a mechanic are going to do everything

Members online

No members online now.
Back