MP3 Player - P.I.E. Adapter questions

davidanthony21

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Whoever has this installed, can you give me as much info as possible? I was going to buy the in-dash factory 6 disk cd changer to replace my factory tape deck, but this seems much better. I have an ipod shuffle so hopefully all I need is he pie adapter.

davidanthony21 said:
Whoever has this installed, can you give me as much info as possible? I was going to buy the in-dash factory 6 disk cd changer to replace my factory tape deck, but this seems much better. I have an ipod shuffle so hopefully all I need is he pie adapter.

I have the factory tape deck as well, bought an adapter from Crutchfield the Peripheral FDASX(http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jMLDAl2WeEH/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=541FDASX). It has and input with RCA's which I hooked up to switch then you ground the supplied wire and your RCA input will work. Then I added a CD changer in the glove box. You push the CD button on your stereo then flip the switch to work the RCA's. I have pictures if you want to see the install. It takes some cutting of the glove box but I find that there is still plenty of room in the glove box if you wish to have the CD changer. Before I had the CD changer in the trunk.

I thought with the P.I.E. Adapter you couldn't have have both CD changer and Adapter for your MP3 player? I don't need the changer if I have an adapter to plug my MP3 payer into.

From what i have seen the PIE adapter plugs into the cd changer input on the back of the head unit. I am pretty sure the connector still allows the cd changer to plug in. I have the built in 6 disc non-alpine and am hoping that i can add the PIE adapter, but from what i have read you need the external cd changer connection.

Members online

Back