Moving drivers seat back

aaronearles

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm finding that I am too tall for my 03 LS, so I'm thinking about unbolting the seat, and re-bolting it a few inches back. Has anyone ever done this, or any tips from anyone who's removed the seats, am I going to have problems with the vent work for the heated/cooled seats, or wires for the adjustments.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

6'4"ish but long legs, I have trouble driving a lot of peoples cars, I guess I should probably just drive a truck lol. Anyway, I've gotta bend my right knee and it rests on the edge of the center console and becomes very uncomfortable after more then a short trip.

Don't do it. They are bolted to a specific piece of the floor for a reason. In a crash it could seperate from the floor pan and you are riding the seat around the inside of the car as a loose projectile.

I'm finding that I am too tall for my 03 LS, so I'm thinking about unbolting the seat, and re-bolting it a few inches back. Has anyone ever done this, or any tips from anyone who's removed the seats, am I going to have problems with the vent work for the heated/cooled seats, or wires for the adjustments.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

sell that toy car , buy a Town Car its what full grown Men Drive

im full grown and drive an ls. 6' 230lbs.

good luck w/ your problem. the guy i bought my ls from sold it to me because he was too tall. i was like... ok?

Can you take out the front seat and just drive from the backseat? :D

6'5 255 i know what your going through, people are always asking why my seat is leaning so far back like a gansta but then they realize how tall i am and that I have to ride like that. I wouldnt move the seat for the reason stated above. I would check with a custom shop around there. I know some football player (lambs) pretty good and they have have to have their seats in their m6 moved back.

Mannn, I know what you mean about the knee resting against the center console area. It just simply hurts after awhile. Glad I'm not the only one having problems. I'm 6'3 250lbs btw.

I'm 6'2 175lbs and my seat isn't even all the way back, but then again I like the driving position like that because its less of a shock when I go to my '64 Riviera which sits alot closer to the wheel and pedals.

sell that toy car , buy a Town Car its what full grown Men Drive
If by "full grown Men" you mean "decrepit old Men," I'll agree with you. I had a Town Car as a loaner while my LS was in for its 5,000mi service, and I could feel my hair getting grayer and my beltline getting higher by the mile. Fortunately, it's not far from the dealership to work, because by the time I hit the parking lot, I was having this nearly uncontrollable urge to get on the Interstate and drive 40mph in the left lane...
;)

Could be a long shot but I knew someone that had extention rails welded onto the rails the seat runs along so that he could put the seaat back further, don't know if that is a possability in the LS or not??

Members online

Back