moving a non running car

lincoln1

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been working on 2001 Conti Premier Edition 42,000 miles, only thing is it's been sitting for years in a garage, but it looks great inside and out. Had replaced fuel pump and filter. I didn't have a key, tried drilling out the lock, swapped in another column with keys that will have to be programed. Replaced the bad rear air bags with coil springs. Had the injectors sent out, and are reinstalled. Removed plugs put a little oil in the cylinders. Removed the oil sender and installed a barbed fitting with a hose hooked up to a garden sprayer in an effort to pressurize the engine. The engine does turn. Thought about having it moved at one time, but kept on working. I would continue work on it, but it's 3-4 hours away one way, but if I hire a auto transport, the steering wheel will have to be turned, I'm thinking this could ruin the rack, could it? I have wheel dollies, but my experience has shown that moving a car at the engine end is very hard or impossible with those tiny wheels. Thanks in advance.

Towing companies jockey around non running front wheel drive cars all day long.
I don't see why a professional auto transporter wouldn't be able to do the same.
Tell them up front your concerns.
If they are a professional transporter, they will have the knowledge and equipment, and will know what to do.

Members online

No members online now.
Back