Mounting Speakers

LennDawg

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
im putting some aftermarket speakers in the rear deck, and i was originally gonna mount them from above the deck so i was going to take off the carpeting and everything... would it just be easier to mount the speakers from underneath the rear deck? or would they eventually fall?

yes mount from bottom. Trust me. I have been doing car audio for years (use to do it as a job now back to hobby). You dont want to have to peal off the carpet then cut it and relay carpet.

Unless you want to be able to see the speaker I would just mount it underneath.

thanks lloyd! what would you suggest for a speaker bracket because im putting 6 inchers in the rear deck and i was gonna mount a piece of 1/4 board to make the speakers fit, is that a bad idea?

I think the board should work. I think they make brackets for you though. i know I have made brackets myself with wood but if that brackets are avaliable i would go with them.

Are you just changing the speakers on the rear deck?

ya, ive already replaced my 4 doors and put some tweeters in and got 2 10 inch kickers in the trunk with my AVIC - N1 deck... i just left the rear deck empty because my installer said speakers back there wouldnt make a difference, but im thinkin they would so im gonna put some in there anyway... where can i get these brackets you are talkin about? i gotta make these 6 inchers fit in the 6x9 holes... maybe like an adapter plate or somethin?

i can't tell what will sound better, but i can tell you that "take off the carpeting and everything" is not very difficult. Just get in there and start pulling stuff out.

I have opened mine up about 2 or three times now, and I can do it in less than 30 minutes.

good luck!

its not hard to take apart but making it look stock when yuo put it back together is tough.

Best buy might have the brackets. I would ask the car audio department. I got mine from crutchfield for free when I bought the speakers so they might sell them as well.

hey i just got this project done and i just wanted to let everyone know that it was a success and it sounds great!! ive heard alot of people telling me that putting speakers in the rear deck would make a little difference, well they are wrong, cause it made a huge difference IMO... it feels like the music flows through the whole car now and not to mention it is louder haha... plus putting the speakers back there, you can now hear it outside of the car alot better ;) and yes it was sooo necessary

Members online

Back