Mother's Billet Metal Polish

Jibit

Dearly Departed Friend
Reaction score
I would guess that many of you have been using this stuff for a while but this past weekend was my first time. I started by using it on my motorcylce frame. I was amazed how easily it worked! Not a lot of effort at all. The result were great, the frame shined like it was a chrome finish. Next I tested it on my '67 T-Bird bumper. Again, superb results except now I can see every little scratch or pit because of how shiny it is. This stuff has got me so excited I'm trying it on everything. Hell, I brought it into work looking for stuff to try it on. I know have the best looking pair of scissors I've ever seen!!! Just thought I'd share my excitement.

Jibit said:
This stuff has got me so excited I'm trying it on everything. Hell, I brought it into work looking for stuff to try it on. I know have the best looking pair of scissors I've ever seen!!! Just thought I'd share my excitement.

Uh - feel free to come do my rims dave --- while your in the mood to try it on everything :)

billet metal polish

The mothers Billet polish is by far the best ive used it may cost a little more but well worth it

this may be a stupid question but would this be safe on the my factory chrome Conti rims?

CobraConti said:
this may be a stupid question but would this be safe on the my factory chrome Conti rims?

You should not need it on chrome rims if they are taken care of regularly.

ok, i was just looking for something that would make the chrome shine like no other. Something that made chrome blinding. Any ideas?

CobraConti said:
ok, i was just looking for something that would make the chrome shine like no other. Something that made chrome blinding. Any ideas?

Here is what I do......clean the wheels with soap and water (car soap....NEVER use dish soap or laundry detergent). Wax with whatever wax you use on your car.......I would recommend a carnuba wax. After you have done that a few times, and you have a decent layer of wax on the wheels (what I usually do, is I put 2 HEAVY coats of wax on the wheels first time I wash the car in the beginning of the year), and then you can use this stuff. I use that stuff on my chrome wheels on my car all the time, but I would not use it to clean the wheels, only after you have them cleaned and a decent amount of wax on them.

Cool, this stuff has been around for years. You will see it at all of the top end car shows, in just about every trunk and tool box.

Members online

Back