morse semi metallic brake pads

94silvermark

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about these? My crappy wearever pads are really noisy coming to a stop so im looking to get something quieter for the least amount of money possible. Rock auto has these on close out for like 7 bucks an axle right now.

Are your rotors all shiney, and glazed? 7 bucks an axel, remember, you get what you pay for. I use wagner thermo-quiet, and never had any problem. Good stuff normally cost more. I would find it hard to feel safe with $7 brakes.

+1 on wagner thermoquiets. they are on my brothers car, and what i will be running next time as well.

Yeah i know what to expect with cheap parts however when rock auto has closeout sales you can get decent parts cheap. I got moog sway bar links for 13 each on closeout. It's probably a bad sign that i cant find anything about this company. I agree that thermoquiets are excellent pads i have them on my truck and they are great.

Anybody know anything about these? My crappy wearever pads are really noisy coming to a stop so im looking to get something quieter for the least amount of money possible. Rock auto has these on close out for like 7 bucks an axle right now.
Did you bed them in properly? Do the rotors look like the pads aren't going all the way across like this?

View attachment 828469395

When they are bed in properly, they should look something like this.
View attachment 828469397

The rotors in robot's picture, are what they should look like. Glazed rotors will make a lot of cars seem like they have warped rotors, and make noise. My 95 had those problems, and with clean rotors, and thermo-quiet's,it has the best brakes out of all my cars. I use 50 gritt emery, and work my way down to a fine grit. It takes time. I'm working on a tool to spin the rotor while it's on the car, a time saver for sure.

I did it the hard way just for the pleasure of it. I was out there at 4 in the morning and nobody was around. On the expressway of course, then I got up to 60 or 70 or 80 miles per hour and then I put on the binders real hard not so much to where the traction control or ABS came on or anything like that but I didn't stop I just slowed it down to about 10 to 20 miles per hour and then I just kept going and got back up to speed. Then, I repeated the process about 6 or 7 times though I started smelling the brakes. That procedure says you're supposed to see smoke but it was dark so I couldn't see the smoke. And, they are supposed to start to fade but mine never faded. Then, after all of that action you just have to cool your brakes I just cruising around for about 15 to 20 minutes making sure you don't have to stop and for your pads will no rest on the rotors until they cool down and then that should work. Unfortunately if you brake light like me most of the time you may have to repeat the process in about a month or two.

I already took them off cleaned them and sanded off the glaze once. They are just poor quality pads if they glaze this easily. The rotors look fine.

Rotor spinner.jpgpulley.jpgOver here in crappy CT they spray the roads before it snows, and this crap they put down will rot your car away. I have a pick up for winter use, a 1 ton 4X4 with 20K on it. Truck is like new. This year my rotors got all glazed and black. I got some Thermo-quiets on the bench waiting. I put this machine together with some stuff I had laying around. I call it ROTOR SPINNER. If I can spin the rotor on the car, and clean it, it will be a labor saver. Works on the bench, hope it works on the car/truck. TONYyyy

Rotor spinner.jpg

pulley.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back