morning sickness?

Nyssa

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
every morning for the last week and a half my car has been stalling when i start it. after the car dies and i restart it it has a realllyy low idle, and i thought something might be stuck in the fuel filter so i changed it on sunday, but its still being stupid. and it only does this in the morning- after the first drive around it drives like it normally does. a friend reccomended i increase the idle speed, should i do this and is there anything else i can do? :Bang

i also recently had my cat converters replaced for emissions about 4 mo. ago.

Increasing the idle speed would be my first move, turn it up probably 1/8 to a quarter of a turn and it should be fine. I would just go 1/8 of a turn. My Grand Marquis wasn't stalling, but it was idling VERY low, and I did the same thing. What year is the Town Car?

Hi, my 93' T/C Exec. was doing that too and I put a can of "seafoam" through the intake vacume. That was the problem high carbon build up.

i had put some fuel injector cleaner in it before i had the fuel filter changed. there shouldn't be any carbon build up because i recently had the system cleaned for emissions, but i used a can anyhoo and it didn't help. so i took it to my mechanic today and of course, by the time i got there i wan't acting up anymore. The mechanic wanted to agree with me that the idle speed should be turned up, but he also said something about the throttle needs cleaning :sleep: .... i don't really remember.... gah :sleep: so i'm getting the problem fixed soon & thanks everyone for your help.

yeah. the mechanic cleaned the idle air control valve, but i was still having the same prob. and they found a hose near the pcv valve that had broken off, so they replaced it. but when i went to pick it up from the mechanic and it still died on me at first. they couldn't find anything wrong with it when they first started it up in the morning. i honestly dont' know what's wrong with the thing. :mad:

rofl! :Beer :I it would be kinda cute to have a little lincoln running around!

Yep a baby Markaretta.
Hope you get it fixed. When I changed my Maf sometimes when it's cold it surges a bit then goes away. :tmi:

Members online

No members online now.
Back