More HP for the LS

hrlincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Quote from consumerguide.com

News

April 2006 now looks like the end of the line for the slow-selling T-Bird. Ford says it may use the name again, but not necessarily for another 2-seat convertible. However, Ford is promising a special edition or two before production ends. No specifics yet on what may be in store, but we're still taking bets on a 50th Anniversary model with sporty styling touches and more horsepower.

T-Bird has the same 3.9 motor.

hrlincoln said:
Quote from consumerguide.com

News

April 2006 now looks like the end of the line for the slow-selling T-Bird. Ford says it may use the name again, but not necessarily for another 2-seat convertible. However, Ford is promising a special edition or two before production ends. No specifics yet on what may be in store, but we're still taking bets on a 50th Anniversary model with sporty styling touches and more horsepower.

T-Bird has the same 3.9 motor.
Supercharger? Turbo? Maybe even drop in a 4.7L motor. The OLOA LS had the 4.7L supercharger in it.

GrayGhost1 said:
Supercharger? Turbo? Maybe even drop in a 4.7L motor. The OLOA LS had the 4.7L supercharger in it.

Oh my lord if they make a special edition superchargered LS that would send most of us through the roofs. I would wait in line for one!

-Scott-

i do not think ford will go with a newer body style for the t-bird. it is just not like them to start over just for a limited production project. also ford will not throw a lot of money into as well, so things might be alil on the cheapo side. so im thinking they might go with how the SC t-bird was back in the day. probably a 3.9l or 4.2l 330 hp. i do not think ford will go with a blower or turbo. the reason im saying all this is, ford lost a crap load of money on this car, so im just guessing they might keep it simple.

Ford can blame the T-birds failure on their own dealerships. Seeing this car with a MSRP of 42 grand (which is already ridiculous) marked up to higher than a Vette (50+) made me sick. I'm sorry...the T-bird is not even close to a vette. I mean, seriously...the new Shelby GT500 is supposed to be cheaper than 40 grand!!

FreeFaller said:
Ford can blame the T-birds failure on their own dealerships. Seeing this car with a MSRP of 42 grand (which is already ridiculous) marked up to higher than a Vette (50+) made me sick. I'm sorry...the T-bird is not even close to a vette. I mean, seriously...the new Shelby GT500 is supposed to be cheaper than 40 grand!!
I agree 100%.

ohioLS said:
I would 2nd his notion also! Daddy wants a Shelby GT 500 baddddddd!

-Scott-

Comparing the Tbird to the vette is like comparing apples and oranges. 2 totally different markets. They havent been in the same class since the 50's. With that being said I do agree with you on the pricing. They priced themselves out of the market for a class of car that doesnt really exist. I even considered getting one at one time.

Dartastic said:
Comparing the Tbird to the vette is like comparing apples and oranges. 2 totally different markets. They havent been in the same class since the 50's. With that being said I do agree with you on the pricing. They priced themselves out of the market for a class of car that doesnt really exist. I even considered getting one at one time.

Hey I am just saying I would like have a GT500 and that the T-Bird is a total rip off. I would concour that comparing to is not right but I think he was going for more along the line that 42k for Turdbird is outrageous compared to 50k for a Leadvette. Why spend 42k when for 8k more you could have a Leadvette is what I believe the angle he was coming in from! Thats all! :Bang

-Scott-

Right... The point was that there was a huge forseen market for these cars and the dealers in their infinate greediness priced them at upwards of $50,000 because the figured all the rich (read: dumb) fat cats would pay anything to have what was for a VERY short time THE hot car on the market. So all the people who bought vettes still have a vette and all the people who bought T-birds have little more than a stripped down 2-door convertable LS...

FreeFaller said:
So all the people who bought vettes still have a vette and all the people who bought T-birds have little more than a stripped down 2-door convertable LS...

:I and i still can not believe the mark X was going to be based off of that platform. i have nothing bad about t-birds, but i always saw them as a "poor mans mark". :ban

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
:I and i still can not believe the mark X was going to be based off of that platform. i have nothing bad about t-birds, but i always saw them as a "poor mans mark". :ban

hahahhahahahahha

You should be banned now. :)

ohioLS said:
I would 2nd his notion also! Daddy wants a Shelby GT 500 baddddddd!

-Scott-

I WILL have one Ohio. If you know anyone that wants a very low mileage 04 Cobra vert that is about perfect, I'll have one for sale next year. Maybe even sooner!

2001LS8Sport said:
I WILL have one Ohio. If you know anyone that wants a very low mileage 04 Cobra vert that is about perfect, I'll have one for sale next year. Maybe even sooner!

Nice are you going to leave it stock? Just imagine 30-40yrs what a fully orginal would be worth. Heck I saw a 68 GT500 all orginal go for 120k, now thats sick!

-Scott-

Members online

No members online now.
Back