Moon Roof Cover Issue

newviiiowner

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..... A little help here please.

The sliding door that covers my moon roof on my 93 Mark VIII has come out of it's tracks and I cannot see how to gt it back in place. Can somebody tell me how you are supposed to get this thing back into the slots. There is NO WAY it will bend in the middle to get it narrow enough to pop back into the slots. I took it to a local trim shop and they WONT touch it ???? HELP PLEASE !!!!!

remove the sunroof glass (just 4 bolts) notice how flush the glass is with the roof (the 4 bolts determine that). push the glass up and out, then carefully place it aside, pull the cover closed and without the glass in there its really easy to see, there are 4 little clip thinges look kinda like a single leaf spring and they have a small square that rides in the channel, just simplly push it back and put into the track, reinstall glass and set height, be sure to open and close the sunroof in both directions a few times and adjust the glass height

Oh! COOL!

Thanks a ton Brent, I'll see if I can do that. To get to the little leaf spring clippy things, you go at them from the outside of the car, DOWN thru the moon roof where the glass WAS? Right??? That means that the little clippy things are on TOP of the sliding door? Right??

Just making sure I understand correctly

Thanks again.

David C

yes thats correct, well except im not brent, he took the pic in my sig, but its ok ive even thought that someone could think that

Members online

Back