Mods to run Jag Bilstein Shocks

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

Does anyone have a complete set of mods needed to run the Bilstein B4 shocks/struts (don't start) off of the 2003-2008 Jaguar S-Type on an 2003 LS? The OEM originals are getting very long in the tooth and it's time to replace them. Considering how hard it is to find the Motorcraft units anymore, seems like even doing some work on the Jag units is a worthwhile endeavor.

Thanks,

From what I can remember, keeping in mind I have not tried, the eyelet on the Jaguar s-type is narrower then the LS shock. So you will have to either play with washers or machine your own spacers so that the eyelet is held in the control arm without sliding around.

Based on this thread it looks like I'd need to swap to Jaguar springs. I don't want to give up any ground clearance over my current Base V6 springs though I wouldn't mind a little stiffer spring. Which generation Jaguar S-type spring would I need?

The jag springs are a different diameter, at least on the bottom. So....in short....you need lower control arms (or spacers like kumba said), jag springs and possibly jag upper shock mounts. I have heard good things about the HR springs for the jag. Im not sure on the year jag you need to source the parts from.

Based on this thread it looks like I'd need to swap to Jaguar springs. I don't want to give up any ground clearance over my current Base V6 springs though I wouldn't mind a little stiffer spring. Which generation Jaguar S-type spring would I need?

You would wan't whatever spring is for the years that Bilstein shock fits. If the Bilstein shock is for a 2002-2005 Jaguar S-Type, then you want the springs from a 2002-2005 Jaguar S-Type. Just try to find an S-Type in the junkyard, pop the shocks off of it, then take the springs and upper mount off or the whole thing if it's cheap enough.

Sound like the list is:
Shocks (duh), already on the list (AllShocks.com: Bilstein B4 $418.04)
Shock Mounts, I tend to want to replace these at the same time so already on the list (RockAuto: MOOG Part # K90410 $31.79)
Springs, Extra expense (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jaguar-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item232a6261b6&vxp=mtr)
LCA or washers, likely inspect my existing LCA's and if I need to do bushings I'd just get some S-type units and rebuild them and swap it all over. (Salvage LCA: $100-125, RockAuto Lemforder Bushings: $45 for both, S-Type Lemforder LCA: $241.79, LS Moog LCA: $223.79 c/lifetime warrantee; All for a single side)

I don't know how much in a hurry you are, but I have Koni double-adjustable coil-overs on the shelf to go on the front of my '02 this Spring. I've found that I need to build a pair of upper mounts but it's a simple fabricating job using square tubing and my MIG welder. I'll post when I do it.

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back