Model Number cars

GManiac

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a major gripe in that Cadillac Motor Division and likely more of GM may follow suit, claim that in dropping the namesakes [model names] instead opting for letter models, has a better public association in that you are SUPPOSEDLY needing to use the word Cadillac when referring to any of them so people make the mental association. When I read this at the newstand in the newsbriefs, (J.D. Power magazine), even before it really became official, I laughed out loud and like the unceremonial killing of the Eldorado and Firebird, I am adament GM is doing wrong still.
I am on a mission to keep the car names alive, are you with me??
If Seville or Eldorado or Firebird aren't equated with their division, it's another problem other then the chosen names which have a decent enough history to continue, me thinks. Of course, in the case of the Eldo, it was a tough decision for GM I believe but SUV/Sport utility and sedans have overshadowed sporty coupes and it's not a mystery these days, yet what of the new Mustang? It's hot! I am miffed over the current state.
-BILL

Members online

No members online now.
Back