Mod Ideas..

ZB00B00LSv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
http://www.thetorquereport.com/2010_jaguar_xfr_5.jpg
(link of idea)
:shifty:

Ok so I read the thread on someone wanting to cut their hood open to make vents.. and I really like the idea! So Ive always been a fan of the mustang, as most Ford hoarders are, and I like the way the hood bubbles up in the center so i decided to google hoods and see which is closest and low and behold its on a jag!

I love the look.. Maybe not so bubbled up as it is but more so flatter like the lincoln hood with the same vent design and a slight rise in the center like on the example, but i want it to be totally lincoln-fied. Any ideas? Also, could this possibly be a possibility on the lincoln seeing its a jag hood and we have similar engines? Not sure if im confused on the engines or not but this is what i thought to be believed as true..

I remember reading about making sure the engine doesnt get wet and am wondering if the jag model im referring to has the same get up sort to say..?

Oh and the only lincoln ls that popped up on google with a vented hood was Quik Ls. high five to you!

this is an old pic tthey all molded in now ill put up a pic up of the finish hood so you can see

DSC04848.jpg

oh high five! I can dig the idea.. and i really like those pull tab things too. And Im not referring to a swap out, just same design molded in lincoln hood ha! In case any come along with the misunderstanding..

So if youd please.. Share your insights. Problems youve had making the change, things to consider, etc. As well as pics of potential ideas, im totally open so L.ls.. I do thank you greatly for starting this thread off right!

:D

ill send you pic of inside the hood so you can see how i cut it ann all its an the shop now i should get it back some time today !! then if you have an problems then you talk on the phone ok

I kinda agree with some sort of hood louvers to help get rid of some extra heat, but i dont think those look good and definately doesnt fit your Lincoln-fied description. The Jag XKR had hood louvers that were sorta oval/tear drop looking which flowed with the car. Those squared off vents kinda kills the lines of the LS and that air intake thing looks alittle funky too, in my opinion anyway. Also dont get the cables, is that car capable of such high speeds that it needs cable straps or is it just for looks. I think to pull something off with the LS it has to look really factory by looking like it belongs there. Looks alot like the honda's, acura's, etc. with thrown on parts from a summit catalog or something. Not my style. When you look at the lines running down the side of the car or even the subtle lines in the hood those vents totally clash. Might look alittle better it they wear slightly rounded and running vertical with the hood. Looks too Summit for me.

ya it did look like that !!! it all deferent now

I kinda agree with some sort of hood louvers to help get rid of some extra heat, but i dont think those look good and definately doesnt fit your Lincoln-fied description. The Jag XKR had hood louvers that were sorta oval/tear drop looking which flowed with the car. Those squared off vents kinda kills the lines of the LS and that air intake thing looks alittle funky too, in my opinion anyway. Also dont get the cables, is that car capable of such high speeds that it needs cable straps or is it just for looks. I think to pull something off with the LS it has to look really factory by looking like it belongs there. Looks alot like the honda's, acura's, etc. with thrown on parts from a summit catalog or something. Not my style. When you look at the lines running down the side of the car or even the subtle lines in the hood those vents totally clash. Might look alittle better it they wear slightly rounded and running vertical with the hood. Looks too Summit for me.

I totally agree.

But..

I dont want it to be exactly like either pictures present. Just some ideas.. Not so sure on the vent shape yet.. Maybe i like the tear drop shape but not so much dipped in.. Maybe if it were bubbled out on top like a mustang Id really like it but im all for the rounded vents to eccentuate the lines and grooves on my booboo.

And i didnt mean like take that hood off that car and put it on my lincoln but take the hoods idea and mold my lincoln hood into something close.. How the centers risen.. then have it all smoothed to the sides with vents. Maybe just one vent in the center making the bulge? Idk yet.. but it will be a plan in motion soon.

And I dont like the straps; just the hooks on the hood for it.. just in case ;)

but it will be a plan in motion soon.

Sounds to me like you like the cowl rise of the mustangs. Why don't you just buy a universal cowl from summit and get it molded to your hood? Oh yea where are the pictures you said you would post of you and your booboo? :)

Sounds to me like you like the cowl rise of the mustangs. Why don't you just buy a universal cowl from summit and get it molded to your hood? Oh yea where are the pictures you said you would post of you and your booboo? :)

haha me and my booboo.. in time in time! I have to make sure my hippo-ish ankles fit into my strappy heels! hahaha just joking.. I havent found anyone to take the pictures yet! ha. Its kind of hard self timing yourself and running back into position wearing heels hahaha.

But.. Say i do get the "universal cowl" whatever that may look like and have it molded on.. would it be just sitting on top of the hood or would it be an actual vent?

ok so heres another link of what i think is cute. ha!

http://www.yourcustomcar.com/images/ImpalaFRSlammed.jpg
I like this one cause its a smooth finish with the "cowl" (didnt know it had a term! ha.. learn something new everyday..) I dont want it to go all the way to the windshield though. Could you maybe stop it so far up and put the vent in? I also dont want the vent facing away from my car, moreso facing the windhield.. is that possible or even ok? haha. Will it still "vent" enough or would having it faced out be a better venting solution?

Keep me posted! haha..:shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back