Mobile one full synthetic ???

Hmmm...

Seems the "orange filter of death" hasn't killed my 5.8 F-150 yet... with 205,000 miles on it. Still only uses about 1/2 quart oil... unless I work it really hard. Actually... I have a push mower that takes an oil filter. I run Fram or Wix... depends on which is available. Filter seems to cross to a BMW. I don't shop at the discount stores,,, not that that always matters. However,,, AS I SAID... i have it on very good authority that the Fram filters sold at Wally World, (which would include Sam's)... are made to a different spec than OTHER Fram filters sold elsewhere. My knowledge comes from up the Executive ladder!!!

If Wally can dictate the price of filters based on what they are willing to pay... then in my mind they can dictate the price of what they are willing to pay for the oil they sell. Be it Mobil 1,,, or any other brand. That is what is called "buying power".

I'm familiar with Blackstone Labs,,, and know what they do. Tell you what>>> Buy Mobil 1 from a Wally affiliate,,, or Meijer,,, or any other big box store... and send it off for analysis. Then buy Mobil 1 from an actual auto parts dealer... and send it off for analysis. I'll let you pick the filter of your choice,,, as long as it's the same for both trials. If the results are the same,,, I'll eat my words about Mobil 1... but I will not eat my words about Fram filters,,, or any other filter used by big box stores.

Personally... with my LS,,, it didn't even like the Wix/Napa filters... so I go to the Ford dealer for filters. When I got my LS... the first couple of filters said "Made in England", which mean't "Jaguar". Now they say "made in USA". Apart from cutting them open... I have looked inside and seen a difference in design. Those original filters are gone... so I can't show the difference. Best I could tell you now... is to go buy a filter for the 3.9 from Ford... and then buy a filter for the 4.0 from JAG,,, and see if there is a difference.

there are a lot of things that Walmart has companies build specifically for them like certain lower priced TVs(that have a small feature or two missing), but if that is the case, it will not have the same model number as a product from a different location. if hte model number is the same, then it is the same product.

Members online

Back