Misfire.... I know, I know, I have already read other threads.

mrdougiefresh1

LVC Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal. I have an 05 Lincoln LS. I have had a check engine light for the past 12 weeks. The primary code is misfire on cylinder 5 followed by cylinder bank lean, random miss, etc. The car only misses at idle and still gets decent fuel mileage on the highway (around 25mpg), so it hasn't been a top priority to fix.

All the plugs and coils have been replaced by me in the past 2 years. In addition to that, I have replaced the plug and coil AGAIN on cylinder 5 as well as a new fuel injector. I also tried putting in a new MAF in the autozone parking lot (they were nice enough to let me return it after I noticed no improvement.).

After sending a text to my mechanic he thought there was a possibility of a slightly bent valve or tired head gasket. I have yet to do a compression test. What are your thoughts? Again, the car runs fine while driving and doesn't seem to be down on power.

V8 or V6?
Brand of coils?
Actual OBDII codes?

not to highjack, but joe can you confirm that this is what i need to do my coil/plug job?

coils.png

Yes the DG529's OEM coils and the gaskets are the correct ones. VCG's only needed if oil in the plug wells is discovered.

I'd get the NGK Iridium plugs instead.

just had this done. any need to unplug the battery or anything after doing all new plugs and coils?

thank you joe - hopefully my MPG will improve. been getting around 17.3 or so.

Members online

No members online now.
Back