Mirror replacement

GWL

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
With all the fuss about fuel mileage in the press recently, I am amazed that not one of the major manufacturers have substituted small rear facing cameras for the outside rear view mirrors. No matter how aerodynamic they are now, they still contribute to the overall drag of the car.:D

ford, chrysler, and gm should hire whats his name from here with the bike mirrors. those may have been more aerodynamic because they were so small.

A lot of cheaper older cars did not even have a passenger side mirror. There's some fuel savings there! Take off your right mirror :)

A lot of cheaper older cars did not even have a passenger side mirror. There's some fuel savings there! Take off your right mirror :)

Actually, my 80 Euro 635 CSi I brought back from Germany in 1982 had only the driver's side mirror. When I got back here I had a passenger side mirror installed. At the time mileage was not an issue, so I never gave it a thought. I was however surprised by the increase in wind noise inside the car with the additional mirror. The Euro is the Green car in my Gallery.

Members online

No members online now.
Back