Minor repairs

SurfjaxLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've created a to fix list, and am wondering about the difficulty and cost of ceratin repairs.

1. The liscence plate lamp assembly on the trunk lid broke. The mounting tabs fell off. I saw online the cost for the part was $10. Is the lamp assembly easily replaced after removal of the carpeted piece on the lid?

2. I am wanting to fix the scratches and chips on my paint. Is the duplicolor scratch fix 2-1 really as easy to use as they say?

3. Need an air filter, but want more power. Should I buy the K&N replacement one, or buy the cone filter and adapter from KKM?

4. Anybody have any tips on how to remove bug guts from the car, they've been on there a while and won't come off with normal washing and scrubbing.

Thanks for any feedback.

SurfjaxLS said:
1. The liscence plate lamp assembly on the trunk lid broke. The mounting tabs fell off. I saw online the cost for the part was $10. Is the lamp assembly easily replaced after removal of the carpeted piece on the lid?
If you get the new parts from the dealer - they improved the design later and it should fix your problem premenantly.

SurfjaxLS said:
2. I am wanting to fix the scratches and chips on my paint. Is the duplicolor scratch fix 2-1 really as easy to use as they say?
kinda - to get a 'perfect' paint fill - you'll still have to sand and polish.

SurfjaxLS said:
3. Need an air filter, but want more power. Should I buy the K&N replacement one, or buy the cone filter and adapter from KKM?
KKM>K&N Many LLSOCers have installed the KKN that were using the K&N before - and all report improvements in HP, and sound.[/QUOTE]

Members online

No members online now.
Back