Milky Mirror?

Smitty_2000LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So i jumped in the car to go to the store for a few things. When i get to the highway and pull out...i look up at my mirror, and noticed that it has a "milky" look to it. It also seemed to be forming some circles in the mirror. Not sure what exactly is happening, but the circles aren't the same size from day to day. Its been pretty hot here, and with a dark color car and even darker tint i couldn't imagine what the temp inside the car may have been. I know that the mirror has an "auto darkening" feature on it, and i thinking that maybe something inside of the mirror was busted due to heat, or maybe some moisture? Hadn't seen a thread or couldn't find one atleast? Any ideas???

mirror1.jpg

my auto dimming mirror has never worked (the liquid or whatever went bad) as long as i've had the car, but it doesn't matter to me since i have dark tint

mine kinda looks like the previous owner had it tinted lol

Mine looks just like that. I use to have two 15's in the trunk and they broke the auto-dimming feature. Now my mirror is always auto-dimmed.

I would replace the mirror. If/when the fluid in it starts leaking, it will ruin everything that it drips on.
You can replace it with an 04 to 06 mirror with the compass, and it (including the compass) will work. Some minor rewiring may be required.

Members online

No members online now.
Back