Might be selling the car...

JES_LS said:
Gee I never had that sort of issue on my Mustangs. In 13 mustangs, I have only changed one water pump (and it was a bad impeller not a leak), one ignition module and one coil all on different 'stangs.
And as for stock vs stock, we are talking about a cars in the 1996 range, who in their right mind thinks they are going to find a ten year old pony car that is 100% stock. It doesn't take much to make a mustang cobra wake up and strike.
After over 100k on my T/A my repairs were the optispark and headlight motors. Not too bad. I dont know what year they changed the 5.0 to the 4.6, but most every V8 f-body has out powered the mustang (stock) since atleast 1991. I think the older 5.0 stang and the LB9 5.7 f-body were pretty close stock. And yes, hardly any f-body, foxbody or newer pony is going to be stock nowadays. They both have a ton of aftermarket availability and can be made insane. But 100% stock is the only way i'd buy one. I saw a '96 Z28 convertible with 46k on it completely stock, thats rare and interested me alot. I however prefer the Trans Am to the Z28 as far as looks and interior.

I went for an F-body ('89 mint Z28 with a 355ci w/ Vortec heads out of a 96' truck - 700r4 - supposed 15k miles on both - had the block verified but I think the tranny was just rebuilt)

I opted to keep the LS for now! Now i feel broke! I want to sell mine and get a cheaper winter vehicle - maybe a '00 jeep or durango or something. The LS has 94,xxx miles and I'm hoping to get $11500. :shifty: KBB is $11585. :D

Here is a pic of the Z28 I got - I only paid $5500 for it - I really like this particular setup - it came like as-is so I can't take the credit for much of anything as of yet but I especially like the 17" rims!

1G1FP21F4KL182526-1.jpg

Other than the engine (bored .030 over, forged pistons, vortec heads), full exhaust and a mild cam it is mostly stock. I'm planning to upgrade to a Strange 12bolt rear-end w/ lower gears (3.42s), a Comp Cam nitrous cam with a .520 lift 238 dur, some Hooker 1 3/4 headers, SLP ram-air cold air intake, a Holley stealth ram upper intake manifold, 26# SVO fuel injectors, March 3-pc underdrive pulleys, Holley 58mm throttle body, suspension and rear end stuff, eventually a new tranny, but I want it to be streatable still so nothing too short, Hotchkis control arms, panhard bar, springs, shocks, etc., an MSD ignition box, a 200 shot of n2o along with a few more bells, whistles and gauges - slicks of course - and I should be in the low 11s high 10s with about 650hp (w/ n2o). :D :D :D :D :D :D

Forgot to mention the body has 160k on it but the paint job is pretty fresh...

I would recommend the Z28 over a 5.0 just because of the stock engine capabilities (although the 5.0HO is impressive) but if we're talking LS1-LT1...well...yea...

I am thinking about it too. My boss has a 2003 BMW M5 with 28K miles on it. Always garaged and never driven in snow etc. He has been hinting he might sell., He actually bought it here in Atlanta and drove it to Colorado so if I got it I would have to drive it back... It is Pewter with caramel leather interior. Very nice car (he does not even let his kids in it). I have less than 2 years to go on my '03 and would probably clear 2 to 3K after sale so at least I am not upside down. The other good news is that when I bought it I got a 5 year 0% note from FOMOCO so it has ended up costing less than a lease would have at the time also considering the free service so far.

What to do... :confused:

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
I went for an F-body ('89 mint Z28 with a 355ci w/ Vortec heads out of a 96' truck - 700r4 - supposed 15k miles on both - had the block verified but I think the tranny was just rebuilt)

I opted to keep the LS for now! Now i feel broke! I want to sell mine and get a cheaper winter vehicle - maybe a '00 jeep or durango or something. The LS has 94,xxx miles and I'm hoping to get $11500. :shifty: KBB is $11585. :D

Here is a pic of the Z28 I got - I only paid $5500 for it - I really like this particular setup - it came like as-is so I can't take the credit for much of anything as of yet but I especially like the 17" rims!

1G1FP21F4KL182526-1.jpg

Other than the engine (bored .030 over, forged pistons, vortec heads), full exhaust and a mild cam it is mostly stock. I'm planning to upgrade to a Strange 12bolt rear-end w/ lower gears (3.42s), a Comp Cam nitrous cam with a .520 lift 238 dur, some Hooker 1 3/4 headers, SLP ram-air cold air intake, a Holley stealth ram upper intake manifold, 26# SVO fuel injectors, March 3-pc underdrive pulleys, Holley 58mm throttle body, suspension and rear end stuff, eventually a new tranny, but I want it to be streatable still so nothing too short, Hotchkis control arms, panhard bar, springs, shocks, etc., an MSD ignition box, a 200 shot of n2o along with a few more bells, whistles and gauges - slicks of course - and I should be in the low 11s high 10s with about 650hp (w/ n2o). :D :D :D :D :D :D

THANKS STINKIN!!! YOU JUST MADE ME WANT A Z28 REALLY BAD! Nice Camaro bro.

hey optispark peeps, have you guys seen this site
http://www.delteq.com/

I now that this is not LS content, and I'm not a GM lover, but hey its an ignition solution for ya (which seems to be something I keep getting to work on lately).

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
I actually like that model 89-02 compared to the newer ones. Is it a legit Z28 or a V8 RS model ? It looks like it doesnt have t-tops which i am surprised it wasnt a 5 spd. Definately need to do some upgrades to the tranny. A simple moderate shift kit would improve it a ton. I guess your lucky it already had the motor tweaked because those LB9 350's even with upgrades are hard to match a stock LT1. Visit the sts turbo site for a kit for that, cheap, easy install and would provide a nice safe durable kick in the ass.

Kelleyo said:
What to do... :confused:

what to do?? r u serious? :eek: Your in a lot better shape then I am when it comes to being upside down. not only that, but i would jump all over that M5. from what ur saying, he took very good care of it, no snow/kids etc. i say go for it

sorry for the off topic

Dead President said:
what to do?? r u serious? :eek: Your in a lot better shape then I am when it comes to being upside down. not only that, but i would jump all over that M5. from what ur saying, he took very good care of it, no snow/kids etc. i say go for it

sorry for the off topic
Ok so I found out more. It is a 2002 M5 with 27K miles. It has the parking sensors, and premium sound system, new tires and everything other option that was available, heated seats, etc. It also has a built in phone – working, and a top-of-the-line radar detector that was installed by a professional BMW aftermarket shop.

He is asking 46K.

Thoughts?

Thinking a lease (if you can lease these) or purchase on a new M5 would be better. When I was looking here a few months ago they were going around 90K give or take. Don't know if that's changed. I figured buy one and in 4 years sell for 50-60. That's not much more that my LS will depreciate in 4 years. If you can't pay cash on the new one you could do a line of credit of some sort (instead of normal car note) and then pay just what you feel the car will depreciate. If we figure 45K (just a guess for this post and I suspect it would be less) then you are under $1000/mo.....pay the balance off w/the proceeds of the sale and you've created your own tax deductible lease. Just a thought:)

Kelleyo said:
Ok so I found out more. It is a 2002 M5 with 27K miles. It has the parking sensors, and premium sound system, new tires and everything other option that was available, heated seats, etc. It also has a built in phone – working, and a top-of-the-line radar detector that was installed by a professional BMW aftermarket shop.

He is asking 46K.

Thoughts?

If it's not going to hurt you financially I say do it. I'm assuming you are getting rid of the LS, too? I would love to own a black/black M5 but either way if that M5 does it for you then I don't kno wuts stopping you. and you can't beat the condition its in. try to get some pics if you can. only thing i can think of that might hold you back is maintenance. prices might be a little steep compared to the LS. let us know what you do, i can't get enough of M5's

also whats the kbb on the M?

Dead President said:
If it's not going to hurt you financially I say do it. I'm assuming you are getting rid of the LS, too? I would love to own a black/black M5 but either way if that M5 does it for you then I don't kno wuts stopping you. and you can't beat the condition its in. try to get some pics if you can. only thing i can think of that might hold you back is maintenance. prices might be a little steep compared to the LS. let us know what you do, i can't get enough of M5's

also whats the kbb on the M?
Actually th M5 is Pewtar with Caramel Leather interior. I have had Black/Black twice in a row and would like a change.

Unfortuanatly to get this I would have to sell my LS :(

He wants to sell so he can get one of the new V10 M6's.. 90K + :cool:

I think the used M5 is the best car you can get for the money. It looks slick, it's comfortable, it's fast, it handles, and it's a BMW. The all best characteristics in one beautiful package. I would give 3 LSs for that kind of a car. I might be going that direction also.

Members online

No members online now.
Back