middle of a project! need quick help

DrJsl2008

LVC Member
Reaction score
i hooked up my ipod adapter but while I have the radio out I would like to get my jammed cds out as well. How can I get them out of the cd player when all that comes up is cd error? is there some way to pull them out?

yup , take that b!tch apart, 1 small piece at a time. hell if your good enough, you might even be able to put it back together.

Mine had been jammed for a few months, I just didn't have the time to take it apart. Usually when one gets jammed, I can use a credit card and pry it up, then it will spit out.

However this time, the CD tray had already gone down. You can take the gray sleeve off, there should be several star point screws that you can take out. The sleeve kinda snaps together, just carefully snap it apart, and locate the jammed CD.

The CD tray should be able to be lifted up a bit to allow you to slide them out of the load eject slot. If you have to, use the gear that is attached on the right side (IIRC) near the load and eject slot.

NOTE: I would pull them all out to ensure that you got the right one.

The track and tray are operated by tiny components, so be very carefully if you are trying to force anything, those tiny parts can be impossible to find if dropped, or even broken.

Maybe sleeve was the wrong word. Casing? the silver, grey, whatever color you wanna call it, casing around the CD player. Once you have your radio pulled out of the car, your Climate Control comes with it. They are attached to the same bracket. Take the radio out of the two brackets on either side of it. Then use a star point to remove the button panel on the front of the radio. The big black panel comes right off after you take the screws out.

At this point your radio should be pretty bare, but there is that gray casing around it. I think there is 2 star points on both sides, and one in the back. Take those out, the casing comes off, and all the internals are exposed.

Don't be scared. I was at first, but it all went smoothly. I put the radio back in and everything works fine. Just go in with confidence! Hesitation is what causes errors. Along with other things.

If you go in with a confident and focused mind, then you should be fine. Just don't rush it, and don't act like you know how everything works exactly, because there seems to be a billion moving parts inside that thing.

if you get the CD's out, just make sure you dont put them back in, once it jams, it will jam again.

I think I'm gonna take it easy and just be content with my ipod in there for now. Maybe when I have a little money on the side I can pay someone else to fix it. No sense in breaking stuff if I have my ipod.

Members online

Back