mevotech

auto67

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Any one have any comments on mevotech suspension parts. Good, bad. What do you all have to say.

i've seen mixed reviews here... some say they've had good luck, some say they've worn out in a year or two...Majority go with OEM or Moog

What are you looking to replace?

I just said suspension parts cause I want to know there quality as a whole. Not just one part but I am looking to replace my sway end links again. I bought cheap ones from orieleys and they started makin noises in a week. I took them back and got new ones and they where fine for a week now there poppin again.

I have them on my explorer (upper ball joint with control arms) since Sept of 2010. No problems so far.. no cracks, no squeaks better than OEM china..

I just said suspension parts cause I want to know there quality as a whole. Not just one part but I am looking to replace my sway end links again. I bought cheap ones from orieleys and they started makin noises in a week. I took them back and got new ones and they where fine for a week now there poppin again.

For the end links you have to torque them properly because even with Moog brands they also fail prematurely.

Yeah I didnt torque them just good n tight. And I did tighten them with the car sitting on the suspension like all suspension parts.

...for me...

So far I only had to replace my front Upper arms and my front sway-bar end links.
The end links were similar to the MOOG brand part. But when I ordered my Uppers
(Motorcraft) they were stamped with the JAGUAR logo. (which I thought were kool,
even though it wasn't that kool). From countless replies regarding the LS and parts;

If it isn't OEM either Motorcraft or actual FORD part#, then you "may" encounter that
same issue again. I failed to listen when I replace my alternator and even though I
spent more than I would have if I went w/ the Motorcraft, I needed another alternator
6 months later !!

it's a hit and miss thing. For some parts like the sensors an OEM is the preferred choice, for some an aftermarket can surpass or meet the OEM quality. OEM (motorcraft) parts has outrageous markup and you're paying for dealer profit instead of the actual part.

Just compare the price of a nut/bolt from the dealership vs ACE hardware (automotive bolts/nuts section)

Mevotech rear stabilizer bar link after 14 months....boot cracked and grease fitting broken.
Mevotech rear cracked boot.jpg

Mevotech rear cracked boot.jpg

Whats the toque?

Toque ~ From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toque

A toque (/ˈtoʊk/[1] or /ˈtɒk/ is a type of hat with a narrow brim or no brim at all.[2] They were popular from the 13th to the 16th century in Europe, especially France. Now, it is primarily known as the traditional headgear for professional cooks, except in Canada where the term is primarily used for knit caps.[2]

online-toques-4-dogs.jpg

:shifty:

Allright you got me. Thats not how you spell it. I need the TORQUE for the front end links.

Members online

Back