Messed Up Stereo.

unityerased

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
ok, when i have my stereo (stock cd unit for 93), it will not play out of the passenger side, but when turned up to 2 notches below full blast, it plays fully. and when turning the sound up, every 2-3 notches, it has a loud click that goes through all of the speakers. its a weird problem, and there is the cell phone (lincoln), but i disconnected that, thinking that was causing it, doesn't make a differance.

unityerased said:
ok, when i have my stereo (stock cd unit for 93), it will not play out of the passenger side, but when turned up to 2 notches below full blast, it plays fully. and when turning the sound up, every 2-3 notches, it has a loud click that goes through all of the speakers. its a weird problem, and there is the cell phone (lincoln), but i disconnected that, thinking that was causing it, doesn't make a differance.

head unit is toast. sorry :frown:

unityerased said:

Actually i was just reading some of your other posts and it would seem like you have developed some major electrical problems. i would have to hope you have a friend who knows about these things cause diagnosing stuff like this can get costly. did you just get this Car? i could help you out but you are soooooooo far away. if you have the $$ to invest in the tools i think i could talk you thru most of it but its up 2u. again im sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time with this car.
Eric

unityerased said:
It sounds to me like a bad ground but that would affect all speakers because they are routed through the amp (loud click) but I'm not sure why it would affect only one side. I have the amp that I took out of my car that we could try using to see if its the amp.

i do get a loud click through the whole system when turning it up.. but yeah, only the passenger side. as far as electrical problems.. nothing anymore, it just did it once and that was it. i need to get this another unit and get the drivers mirror replaced and thats about it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back