Message Center???

macc

LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 95 Lincoln Towncar this summer, I didn't get an owners manual and I have been unable to find one on-line. I can find them going back to 96 but not 95. My question is, between the radio and the heater/ac there is a bar that says "message center". There are 3 buttons. One is a left/right that cycles through gas milage, trips and several other things on the dash, the center button says E/M, and the other says reset. What is E/M? and what does "reset" reset? Can anybody clue me in? I don't want to start pushing buttons indiscriminatley. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

anybody gonna answer? surely sombody can explain it to me.

hi , i hope you had a great holiday and i wish you a happy and prosperous new year i my self dont have a town car i own a 2000 conti. but i did a little digging around . i found this site for you on the internet " owner.ford.com " if you scroll down near the bottom of the page you will see an icon "owners manual and video" click there and i think you will find what your looking for . if not a year newer or older in most cases will give you an idea of how they work . on my conti the e/m changes the display from English to metric measurement the rest bottom resets to "0" the trip odometer that is displayed . my car has 2 " trip a , trip b " . i use trip " a " for mileage from tank fill up to tank fill up . and i use trip "b" oil change . i dont know why i use trip a for the fill up with gas because the econ button gives you the average miles per gallon . just something stupid i do . i hope this help .

best regards drew

Although no trees were harmed as a result of making this post, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced...

p.s. keep in mind the reset putton may and probable will reset any measurement displayed to "0" . in other words if average miles per gallon is displayed the reset button will restet that to "0" and it will start re-calculating that if you have that option ..... just thinkin

Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.

I hope your holiday season was joyful as well. I thank you for the info, it was the mpg that I wanted to reset and that's what happened. because of hauling weight in the trunk when it snowed my mpg had dramatically dropped and was just wasn't coming back up. now with the reset I'm getting the mpg's I was before adding weight.

thank you for the holiday wish . i lived in chicago for 11 years and st. louis for 11 as well , and in that time i drop through a lot of snow , it seamed to me that when ever it snowed my mileage whent way south and i never put extra weight in the car . its like the car was thinking oh its snowing ill eat more gas . didnt understand it , it just always seamed to get horrible mileage and it didnt seam to be vehicle specific . the mpg display is an "average " so it may take some time for it to actually display what your average is . i glad the info i gave you was helpful. there might be a pdf file here with the manual you are looking for , i dont know for sure, but you could do a search . there is a search box at the top right corner , just type a key word or two in and see what comes up

hi , i hope you had a great holiday and i wish you a happy and prosperous new year i my self dont have a town car i own a 2000 conti. but i did a little digging around . i found this site for you on the internet " owner.ford.com " if you scroll down near the bottom of the page you will see an icon "owners manual and video" click there and i think you will find what your looking for . if not a year newer or older in most cases will give you an idea of how they work . on my conti the e/m changes the display from English to metric measurement the rest bottom resets to "0" the trip odometer that is displayed . my car has 2 " trip a , trip b " . i use trip " a " for mileage from tank fill up to tank fill up . and i use trip "b" oil change . i dont know why i use trip a for the fill up with gas because the econ button gives you the average miles per gallon . just something stupid i do . i hope this help .

best regards drew

Although no trees were harmed as a result of making this post, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced...

Members online

No members online now.
Back