Message Center Errors over and over and over again!

Torx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
97k miles, 03 ls v8, no mods, no sound system, just a kkm intake, new battery 1 year ago.
ive read it could be battery, a water leak at the door lock buttons, damaged pcm, shorted wires, bad modules, etc etc.

its only been 3 days now, and its getting on my last nerve.
message center's first error was check charging system. i said ok, checked my batt. 12.5 off, 14.3 at idle. alt seems okay, batt seems okay.
then the false errors started rolling in.. door ajar, etc failsafe mode, lights out, trunk open, engine sensors, charging system, etc etc etc. nonstop, just more and more errors.

but my car is running just fine.

so now its starting to beep like 6-7 times AFTER ive turned the car off and pulled the key out.

what things should i check before taking it to the dealership?
any fuses, leaking points, reset procedures i can look into?

thanks!!

Check for AC voltage when the engine is running.

Check for AC voltage when the engine is running.

AC voltage? I'm sure you mean DC.

Anywho, change the battery first and check. 14.3v seems good while the battery is charging.

uhh no.

He does means AC, the reason he wants to check for it is because its not supposed to be there...

if it is, it indicates a very specific condition.

AC voltage? I'm sure you mean DC.

Anywho, change the battery first and check. 14.3v seems good while the battery is charging.

No. I mean AC. He's already checked the DC voltage. Alternators are AC devices. They use diodes to turn the AC into DC. Sometimes, one or more diodes fail, and an AC voltage gets imposed on top of the DC voltage. This causes all sorts of problems like Torx is describing. I'm trying to get him to run this test to see if his alternator might be the problem after all.

Check for AC voltage on the electrical system while the engine is running. Report back the reading.

wow shame on me for letting that one slip lol. i forgot about the internals of the alternator.

Members online

No members online now.
Back