MERRY X-MAS!santa gave me ownage of a GTP

thethirdeye88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
yep, i owned a GTP tonight...it was fun tho, some kids were driving around in their sisters car...little twerp got me once off the line because i was slacking, but we ran again and i was using the SST and i had full ownership over him...ahhh...it was nice...but we were on a secluded road out in the country...

Nice kill. Alot of people used to tell me that a GTP would kill my car. Because I almost bought one before the LS. How many car lengths were you ahead of him?

not too sure on car lengths, but once we got around 100 i pulled away fast almost everytime...but probably between 2 or 3...i got the kids numbers, and turns out they know some other gearhead friends of mine...its odd because i have 5 years on them, and some of my friends have about the same on me...wonder how those kids ran into them...we're going to get some video eventually, i dont have a camera, but they do...

an 03+ LS should take out a GTP, but with light (cheap) mods on a GTP the LS goes down quick

Nice kill.

it was just bone stock and a little ragged out...there is a 2 door in town that looks really nice...and i'm not going to play with it...we were just having fun...i also saw a new civic Si...i dont know about that one...they are rather quick...

Si's are not bad but I took one down last week from 20 something roll up to not saying speed lol.

Si's are SLOW, and not to break your heart so are slowbalts. I have a 02 ls on heavy ass 20's and i raced my dads truck and we were dead even to like 60 then i started to pull. I have had my dads truck for like the last month, and he has had my ls. (he lives in vegas and i live in PHX) while i have been driving his truck i have been "engauged" a few times by a couple of ss cobalts, and a few si's (not stock either), and a couple of mr2's (with a good amount of mods) and not 1 has been a problem smoking, in more ways then one (my dads truck is a 06 3/4 ton dodge with a cummins). So i desided to take the dodge to the track last saterday and poped off a 14.6 with traction and torque converter problems. while i was there this kid in a ss colbalt (with unknow mods) tried racing me like 4 times and i got him all but onece. the only time he got me is when he decided to stage so i got on the coverter then he moved pased the prestage beams and sat there so i was overheating the converter then the starter finily started the lights so i was sliping converter all the way down the track.

Sounds like poser SCs, meaning Supercharged or kids that cannot drive. Base SC's are nothing great, but add the stage II, full exhaust setup w/ header and pulleys and some other things, like torque damper, solid racing mounts, tuning and it all changes :)

pontiac is garbage even if it does beat your lincoln is a lincoln..... pontiac is crap... lower quality. I never race my car i just cruise it...lol.... they know its a lincoln and a luixury car. But these cars do got some pull

no not a poser sc. the sc was loud. so was the damn exhaust. but whatever its like comparing apples and oranges. I guess if you break it down my dads truck does make almost 460 horsepower and 850 ftq at the crank. but it does weigh 7600lbs. But what do i know.

if you ask me, the new cummins are something to brag about. my buddies 99 powerstroke with some simple bolt-ons and tuning will eat a lot of cars alive including the ls.

oh yea they got alot of potential. Friend has a powerstroke w/ a few things and its a mid 13 sec truck! We planned to race today because my club was going to the track today and he was gonna meet me there but the rain ruined it so we are going to wait. He believes he'll just have me unless I get my slicks in before the next one, traction is becoming a major problem w/ an estimated 280 to the wheels9really have be gentle w/ it or it just spins), dyno comes at the end of Jan.

Members online

Back