Mercon V XT-5-QM or XT-5-QMC

jmeecer

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a odd question and I think I have been given conflicting information from the two dealers I have contacted. My question is this: I have a 2002 Lincoln LS and was going to do a transmission fluid drain and refill again. I have on hand 4.5 quarts of Mercon V XT-5-QM from a previous fill. I have been trying to get additional quarts but all I can find locally is XT-5-QMC; all local dealers have on hand. One dealer told me not to mix the two, they recommended complete flush then add the newer QMC fluid (at $360 cost). Another dealer told me that I could add the newer (QMC) fluid, and that it is OK to mix them, and that the older QM type fluid has been discontinued and the newer fluid QMC is equivalent? Currently, my car has QM fluid in the transmission. I wanted to know if I could add the newer QMC Mercon V fluid without any problems? I know this is probably a stupid question, maybe I am being too cautious but I do not want to do anything that would cause transmissions problems. Plus getting different answers from the dealers is problematic as well.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
AFAIK (and that's not very far), it can be used and mixed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back