Merchantville Day Car Show 2007 DU WARNING

ONEBADMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Heres the shots, was a totally awesome show!!

merch1.jpg

merch2.jpg

merch3.jpg

merch4.jpg

merch5.jpg

merch6.jpg

merch7.jpg

merch8.jpg

merch10.jpg

merch11.jpg

merch12.jpg

merch13.jpg

merch14.jpg

merch15.jpg

merch16.jpg

merch17.jpg

merch18.jpg

merch19.jpg

merch20.jpg

merch21.jpg

merch22.jpg

merch23.jpg

merch24.jpg

merch25.jpg

merch26.jpg

merch27.jpg

merch28.jpg

merch29.jpg

merch30.jpg

merch31.jpg

merch32.jpg

merch33.jpg

merch34.jpg

merch35.jpg

merch36.jpg

merch37.jpg

merch38.jpg

merch39.jpg

merch40.jpg

merch41.jpg

merch42.jpg

merch43.jpg

merch44.jpg

merch45.jpg

merch46.jpg

merch47.jpg

merch48.jpg

merch49.jpg

merch50.jpg

merch51.jpg

merch52.jpg

merch53.jpg

merch54.jpg

merch55.jpg

merch56.jpg

merch57.jpg

merch58.jpg

merch59.jpg

merch60.jpg

merch61.jpg

merch62.jpg

merch63.jpg

merch64.jpg

merch65.jpg

merch66.jpg

merch.jpg

merch67.jpg

merch68.jpg

merch69.jpg

merch70.jpg

merch71.jpg

merch72.jpg

merch73.jpg

merch74.jpg

merch75.jpg

merch76.jpg

merch77.jpg

merch78.jpg

merch79.jpg

merch80.jpg

merch81.jpg

merch82.jpg

merch83.jpg

merch84.jpg

merch85.jpg

merch86.jpg

merch87.jpg

merch88.jpg

merch89.jpg

merch90.jpg

merch91.jpg

merch92.jpg

merch93.jpg

merch94.jpg

merch95.jpg

merch96.jpg

merch97.jpg

merch98.jpg

merch99.jpg

merch100.jpg

merch101.jpg

merch102.jpg

merch103.jpg

merch104.jpg

merch105.jpg

merch106.jpg

merch107.jpg

merch108.jpg

merch109.jpg

merch110.jpg

merch111.jpg

merch112.jpg

merch113.jpg

merch114.jpg

So brakes are now working?

Great Pics as always....

yes Rich. I actually got up at 7am and started making calls and low and behold NAPA right up the street had a brand new master cylinder IN STOCK for a 68 Plymouth 4 wheel drum manual brakes!!! UNREAL Had her on the road by 10 am and at the show by 10:30.

LUCKY man!!!

1 - I didn't know Peter North had resorted to doing Elvis impersonations

2 - Had I known it was a skank-fest, I woulda drove down!

:D

Dayummmmm very cool car show way better than the we had here, and Some most excellent booty pics. :D

The Last Show!!!!

Gazers galore at car show's last ride

By LEO STRUPCZEWSKI
Courier-Post Staff

MERCHANTVILLE
Chickie Deitz sat behind his 1983 Ford Ranger that didn't exactly look like a Ford Ranger and answered questions from curious spectators.

Deitz -- the owner of the custom-made, cinnamon-red pickup truck -- probably fielded more questions than other car owners at Saturday's car show in Merchantville.

Of the 850 or so cars parked along several of the town's streets Saturday, Deitz's was definitely a talking point.

Originally bought in 1983 by his uncle, the car was used as a delivery truck for an auto parts service. In 2001, after seven years of work, it looked far different.

The middle of the hood is cut away for an engine, which fairly resembles a smokestack; the bed of the truck holds a canister for fuel and a sterling silver spoiler is anchored above the tailgate. It sits just inches off the ground.

"It's pretty wild. I don't know if it's street legal," Dave Hampshire, 50, of Pittsgrove, said. "I have a Dodge Durango. It doesn't look anything like that."

Crowds filled the streets of Merchantville, gazing at custom-made autos, muscle cars and antiques.

Al DiGiamberardino, an Erial resident, walked along West Park Avenue shortly before 4 p.m., gazing at a number of muscle cars.

Most of the cars were restored to their original condition, something DiGiamberardino said takes a lot of effort and money.

"It's nice to see that, rather than them sitting in a junkyard," he said, noting his son owns a 1967 Ford Mustang.

It was the show's 10th and final year, said Kevin Greening, one of the day's founders.

Greening said he never thought the show would grow to its size and the organizers needed more time to spend with their families.

On Saturday, Greening and the rest of the organizers orchestrated the placement of seven DJs, 50 vendors, an Elvis impersonator and a downtown Sock Hop.

"I figured we'd go out with a big bang," he said. "It's a special year."

The logistics of arranging the show took a sea of yellow-shirted volunteers, Greening said, and a number of ever-ringing cell phones. Cars registered for the event on Alexander Avenue and were directed to open spaces throughout town.

Rose DiMatteo, who lives about halfway down the block on Alexander, said her family sat in the front yard and watched the cars roll in, starting at 7 a.m. For her family, the day slowly turned into a party -- one that most people have looked forward to for a while, she said.

People in town were talking about it last week and friends began dropping off coolers Friday for the night's party.

"By the end of tonight, over 100 people will be here," DiMatteo said. "We go from morning to morning."

1 - I didn't know Peter North had resorted to doing Elvis impersonations

2 - Had I known it was a skank-fest, I woulda drove down!

:D

Thats Mark Reno Elvis impersonator, he is good too. Peter North!! LMAO!!

You have to come next year, it's an amazing show Tom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their is a rumor of a Radio Station taking over the show.

Nice Pics,
Looks like there was a milf theme going.
That slamed shoe box looks badass.

Members online

No members online now.
Back