meet and greet

bucketthead

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey i just wanted to make this for all the ppl here from the se so we can know each other better i am tired of seeing all the up north sections of lvc have events and things and the poepe in the south act like they never r here so i would just like everyone from the S.E. to just say hi to each other

i'm 19yrs old i own a 95 lincoln town car biege signiture series with 153k miles afew tranny problems right now but still runnin great n im from the west palm beach area

i look foward to hearing from other s.e. members :dj:

I'm from Huntsville, AL. I have an 01 LS Sport 5 speed. It's got 58,000 miles on it. And I'm surely in love with it.

I live in Warner Robins, GA (15 mi south of Macon), have '97 LTC/SS 72K original mi on it, DARK Blue, moonroof, love it like crazy! :L

Hey all of you from the SE Chapter...

You could be like platinum members to us Salt Driving NE and MW members, especially when we need a new Lincoln or Cadillac. You know that FL is full of Mark VIII. All owned by those Northern Snow Birds who have flown to the warm temps of the south.

They have was we want. Mark VIIIs with no Rust!

I'd love to be able to make it to a SE meet. Good Luck getting members together. Don't worry about the total numbers and remember the LvC is a very young site and Chapters are even newer.

Once meets start happening you'll see more members making the meets, and as LvC grows those of us at the ground floor will help lead the way was this site becomes the Cadillac (sorry Lincoln guys, remember I'm one of you) site of Lincoln and Cadillac owners.

:Beer SE. Let's get the south rock'n and roll'n

You could be like platinum members to us Salt Driving NE and MW members, especially when we need a new Lincoln or Cadillac. You know that FL is full of Mark VIII. All owned by those Northern Snow Birds who have flown to the warm temps of the south.
i kno but imagine living here i was passed by a markVII today perfect condition had a for sale sticker on it took all my power not to go buy it right then and there its a shame to me when i c an old snow bird drivin a mark they have no idea what potential they have under there hood

ive been down here for a year trying to meet up with other marks from the fl area, "refer to other thread befor this one"

Eric

bucketthead said:
i kno but imagine living here i was passed by a markVII today perfect condition had a for sale sticker on it took all my power not to go buy it right then and there its a shame to me when i c an old snow bird drivin a mark they have no idea what potential they have under there hood

Keep an eye out for us. I know I'll be wanting a '98 in a year or 2. :Beer

Finally a Cadillac guy

Hi, I'm Potter from Chattanooga TN, Used to race in Warner Robbins. We make parts for the big ol 500 Cadillacs from days of old. They are really an incredible pump gas engine. Matter of fact we just did a 92 octane "street" engine that dynoed at 722 ft lbs and 718 hp. Anyway, just wanted to chime in.

Matter of fact we just did a 92 octane "street" engine that dynoed at 722 ft lbs and 718 hp. Anyway, just wanted to chime in.
thats awesome how bout explainin what u did to it n maybe some pics of some cars u have done would b great

Sure thing

Actually, Joey up in Chicago is going to put it together for me as I am computer illiterate as far as sizing images and what not. I should be able to put some pics and text together over the next few days. I do the Cadillac thing because of it's potential and also no one else has, I guess I'd have to say, the Blue oval is my second choice, especially when it comes to the old days (I'm a big block fan). I even have an old in-line 4 bl. Autolite carb (1473 cfm) still in the box off a Cross boss set up for the side oiler 427. I'll end up doing a build up article as soon as time allows, but Joey wants to try to get some Cadillac guys on board, since they are out gunned here. I was noticing a post in another section saying"dealer ain't always the right way". Here where I'm from, we operated the largest independant shop in town and did machine/ head work for most dealers in town. Our Lincoln dealer had all the tooling to pull the heads off of the V-6 and V-8s to keep the cams from turning, but they weren't allowed to use it, they called us and sent car, tooling and all to us and we did them. After they trashed a couple of engines by letting the cams turn and bent some valves , the manager sidelined em. Oh well, Merry Christmas guys, I'll be in touch.

CADILLACPERFORMANCEPARTS said:
Hi, I'm Potter from Chattanooga TN, Used to race in Warner Robbins.
:W Was it the racetrack over off of GA 41? That's about 6 miles from where I live. I've heard that track was legendary. I've only been down here about 8 years, next March and it's pretty much been closed at least since then. I wish I had known about you a few months back, I had a '79 Sedan DeVille I was working on (425c.i. V-8) gave it up to someone who needed it more than me. Oh well. Needed the space anyways. Welcome again Potter, and look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I just joined LVC. My name is Mike and I live in Montgomery, AL. I have a '91 Tbird and just bought a '94 Mark VIII. Already had to replace the ball joints and tie rod ends as well as the air ride compressor.

Late getting hear to but I'll join in.

I'm Chris age 21, I live in Monroe, NC right outside of Charlotte. I have a 2002 LS which I love to death (wanted one since I saw them). Also drive a '03 Focus zx3 as a dailydriver. The Lincoln has 30,6xx miles on it, I put maybe 1,000 a month on it. I do drive it lol, just usually not too far because there is nothing to do here. My focus has 18,6xx miles on it, I put a little more on that a month, but I may sell it to a friend in NY because he needs a good car. I'm originally from upstate NY.

Have other cars but none compare to the LS. I did buy my cars btw, alot of people look at me in my LS and stuff and I can tell they are thinking "daddy's car."

I am surprised there are not more NC people on here, or I just have not seen them. I cannot go out in the LS or the zx3 without seeing 5 or 6 lol. But than again most think that it is nothing more than an A to B transporter and nothing more.

Be nice to get a club going here and have meets every other week or so.

I grew up in Pcola. I live in Tampa now though. Take some time to get used to the car maybe about 2 months. The LS is a very tempermental car so try to get to know it first.

I would start by calling ford cust service to see if any recalls are existing and address those. You might want to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes to reset the adaptive stratigies the car picked up from the previous owner(s). Start out by driving it easy for a day so it can get its feet and then start driving it like you want to and it will adapt to your driving style.

1-800-392-3673

press 6 for Lincoln vehicles

once you've done that, press 2 for other info

you'll have to enter your 10 digit phone#

Then press 2 for all other info.

then hold tight & someone will be on the line shortly.

also just joined

hey guys, just joined the se site. i am from columbia, sc and just purchased (about a month ago) my 2005 ls v8 ultimate with all the gizmos. had the 2002 sport (v8) autumn red (beautiful and reliable auto) but traded in for the new 2005 ultimate. wonderful automobile and handles like a dream. will continue with the lincolns. i am 50 years old and truly enjoy the driveability and so far the reliability of the lincoln. a great site and will continue to communicate with all the se members. :L

Orlando/Central Florida here. I recently found LVC through a nice fella who entered his M8 in the car show at the Fun Ford Weekend here in O-town. I also met Eric, (markviiiedrea) in the tech line at the FFW. I've had my 97 Opal Opalescent/Black LSC w/Octastars for a year now. Can't get enough of it. I've been a Mustang owner/driver/racer for some time and this was the logical step up when I took the Stang off-road. I look forward to a local meet real soon!

See ya!

Steve

New here,

I am in jacksonville, fl. Not a major gearhead but I like to work (and work) on my mark. Any one in north fl or south ga?

97benchmark said:
New here,

I am in jacksonville, fl. Not a major gearhead but I like to work (and work) on my mark. Any one in north fl or south ga?

I also live in Jax, and love my Lincoln LS to death, even when it's in the shop.

:L

North FL lincoln owners

I live in st.augustine, about 20 minutes from jax. I know there are alot of mark VII and Mark VIII owner around this area, we should set up a meet sometime.

Members online

Back