Mechanic inI NJ?

papilos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Can Anyone recommend a mechanic with knowledge of Lincoln's? My LS hit the 100k mark this month and I want to get the most out of it but need a good mechanic to do my tuneups

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Seeing as I too am in Elizabeth you would figure I'd have a good answer for you. Unfortunately, I do not. Most of the shops I have taken my car to have ZERO clue how to work on the LS and assume it's similar to a Town Car, since Elizabeth is near the airport. Therefore, all of the mechanical work done to my LS I have done myself. The only things I've done at shops are: exhaust and tire related things. Most of the things you need to do you can do yourself using the tech articles above. What exactly do you need to do? When you say tune up are you referring to: fuel filter, plugs, cops, air filter? All of those things can be done VERY easily with minimal tools. If you need help let me know. You can PM me, or you can even stop by where I live and I can help you. Do be aware - as I'm sure you are I live in Elizabeth and don't own a garage, I do have a driveway though!

I have a bad leak for the past year an change. The mechanic I've gone too swore it was the oil cap of course that wasn't it. In just looking for a trustworthy mechanic bro. I work to much to sit there and DIY I wish I could. Appreciate the quick reply!

V6 or V8?
Year?
Where does the leak drip down at?

I'll check my receipts when I get home, it is possible I've used a mechanic in the area at some point for something that I just don't recall right now. If so, I'll let you know who, and if they were legit or not.

Also, where in Elizabeth are you? I've seen a white one and a charcoal one drive by every now and then. I've also met some people at autozone who have LS's.

I have a bad leak for the past year an change. The mechanic I've gone too swore it was the oil cap of course that wasn't it. In just looking for a trustworthy mechanic bro. I work to much to sit there and DIY I wish I could. Appreciate the quick reply!

V6 or V8?
Year?
Where does the leak drip down at?

Probably the filler neck that likes to break so much at the very bottom when mishandled by Jiffy Lube's kids.
Or maybe the ring gaskets on the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve. (if it's the v6)

It's a 6. Under the oil pan. I was told that the oil pan desperately needs new gaskets but u see white smoke every so often by the whispers as if the oil spilt on the engine. I'm closer to union nj where Kean university is.

If it is the 6 then it's not the fill neck like I suggested as a possibility.

I seen in your other posts from a year an half ago, where you mentioned this oil burning smell, you had loose heat shields and such underneath cuz you launched it hard off a speed bump. May this all be related to it ? Oil pan took a hit even though it's rather flush with the rest of the car, I suppose it could still take a good "landed on top" type of hit.

It's a possibility next oil change ill address the gaskets to see if it helps. It's annoying the smell.

My girl lives about a mile from Kean. I pass by there all the time. If you see a white one driving by, honk. Might be me :)

It's a possibility next oil change ill address the gaskets to see if it helps. It's annoying the smell.

I read several other posts with complaints of severe smell of burning oil entering into the interior cab
and most blamed/repaired the ring gaskets on the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve on the V6.

It's right at the very back of the engine nearest/up against the firewall, if it is that, you should see discoloration on your intake at that location.
from what I saw in some posted photos' it was most notable from the passenger side. Follow the intake to the very back, where it starts to go downwards, there are some "thingies" called IMTV's bolted on. Perhaps have a look and see if they are oil stained.

~ but don't listen to me, I get it wrong more often than right, I'm still in the Lincoln University, getting schooled.

<shrugs>

----EDIT: here have a read at this: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?80778-Oil-smell-in-the-car-in-cold-weather (same problem on a V6)

Members online

No members online now.
Back