McLaren

Macoffutt

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Installed my McLaren Grille. Looks pretty damn good. Please excuse the bugs. Drove 1600 miles the day before! Thanks to Ken & Ls Koncepts.

100_1227.gif

:eek: Thats alotta bugs cuz...

Be sure to wash down your AC condenser real well when you clean that thing.
Grille looks nice though. :cool:

Yep I'll agree. That is a lot of bugs. I murdered my fair share of 'em this past weekend too.
The grill looks sweet man.
What is that object in your lower grill area? Is that your license plate? I know those are typically mounted on the bumper... how did you mount it?

n8

GOOD LORD! Did you drive through a bee-hive or some ant hills?

Grill looks great, way to stand out!

I like the bugs! Totally custom! 1600 miles? Were you escaping to Mexico?
lmao, sorry can't help myself sometimes, the grille looks good however

BTW 1,600 miles in one day is a lot. In order to travel 1,600 miles in one day you would have to average 66.7 mph and drive for 24 hours straight.
Perhaps he meant over the weekend.

1600mi/50mph = 32hours > one day
1600mi/60mph = 26.7hours > one day
1600mi/70mph = 22.9hours < one day
Disregard this post, I'm just being an ass.

I've always liked the McClaren grille, particularly on a black LS. Here's a not too great pic of mine; with eyebrows and monochrome emblem. (I've added a lower grille to match, since this was taken.)

LSAvatar2.JPG

What is that object in your lower grill area? Is that your license plate? I know those are typically mounted on the bumper... how did you mount it?
n8

Yes Em. Thats my liscene plate. Nebraska requires front one, & I didnt like the front mount, so I used two black zip ties. Might be a bit ghetto, but doesnt look too bad.

BTW 1,600 miles in one day is a lot. In order to travel 1,600 miles in one day you would have to average 66.7 mph and drive for 24 hours straight.
Perhaps he meant over the weekend

Nope. Left Friday night from Omaha NE, & arrived Redding, CA Saturday Night. Made a few stops that totalled up to 26hrs. It mapquest out to 23HRs of driving..

yeah I know,,not..I dont have a damn camera since the kid ate mine.

Oh BTW, I ment that in reply to the not so great pic coment you made, I think it looks damn good.

Oh BTW, I ment that in reply to the not so great pic coment you made, I think it looks damn good.

Appreciate it! I'll throw in a couple more taken after I added the lower grille. (Sorry for the thread hijack here.)

DSCF1787.JPG

DSCF1788.JPG

DSCF1793.JPG

The McLaren grille does look good on a black LS.

Mac, what did you do for the emblem on your new grille? Is it the original emblem from your old OEM grille?

I like Bills emblem, Bill is it a LSkoncepts one or did you paint it yourself?

I have just posted something on how to paint them yourself and get rid of the chrome, I noticed yours dont have chrome.

I painted mine black with a red star but I think I am going to paint it to match the silver paint of my car with a red star.
Mac, I cant tell if you painted your grill or not. It looks like it by the way the mesh shines but the outer parts of the grille looks a bit dull?

I like Bills emblem, Bill is it a LSkoncepts one or did you paint it yourself?

I have just posted something on how to paint them yourself and get rid of the chrome, I noticed yours dont have chrome.

I painted mine black with a red star but I think I am going to paint it to match the silver paint of my car with a red star.
Mac, I cant tell if you painted your grill or not. It looks like it by the way the mesh shines but the outer parts of the grille looks a bit dull?
Bill bought the silver emblem from LSK. As for the painting of the grille, check this out:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/Grille Rear Surround Paint.pdf

thanks Ken.

to bad my cars silver bill, I would like the eyebrows but I dont think they look good on lighter colors. Those look real nice tho for some reason.

thanks Ken.

to bad my cars silver bill, I would like the eyebrows but I dont think they look good on lighter colors. Those look real nice tho for some reason.

From a distance I think they look great on a silver car.

DSCN03832.jpg

eyebrows to me make the car from a distance look like an acura legend. not that that is a bad thing they are just not my taste.

Members online

Back